June 2004 CONTEST - Make Me Laugh
June 2004 Contest --
[quote]DAVIS
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
No, my second is based on the consideration that Junpei is the Comic Relief, not the fact that Junpei is laughable. In fact, I really enjoyed your series, and I myself am a supporter of Junzumi in the two Digimon Frontier stories I've begun and yet to finish. Originally I was a bit Takuzumi, but the show offered little real evidence for it so I switched.

I said that many of the attempts Junpei MADE IN THE SHOW to were HUMOROUS, and they were, such as the ladder in Episode 6. Alternately it could flat out "not backfire" allowing a good deal of fanservice that wuld never get past the censors for a televised show.

Also these are only examples -- Junpei is the comic relief, even though he's an entirely serious character. I don't believe romance between Junpei and Izumi couldn't happen, but she would have to accept his advances, and in the show, that doesn't happen. Also, there is nothing that says romance cannot be serious while still being humorous to the reader -- not all laughs come at the expense of another person.
Okay, cool, sorry I jumped to that conclusion. I'll get back to my August contest entry. I'm glad you like my series. Unfortunately, this contest will delay its conclusion a little, but I should have at least the next three chapters submitted by the end of the Summer.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I suspect there aren't going to be many entries for this one... Writing comedy fanfics is harder than just plain ol' lemons, and I would be surprised if many people were up to the challenge.

Ah, and you might want to exclude MSTs from it as well... They're technically comedy, and they can be lemons, but I'm pretty sure that's not what you want, right?

(...and yes, I am aware that I post in just about every single contest topic but haven't even once submitted an entry. :P )
Who ever said a contest should be about what is easy to do should be taken into the road and run over by several sporting teams before being shot. To the death.

I don't make contests in order to just make people write easy stuff -- I try to challenge them. That way it's that much more fair in the judgements -- it's easy to overlook numerous mistakes if something is easy, but not so much if it is difficult. In addition, this allows authors to try their hand at areas they may not normally write -- I know some authors who almost always have a tragedy (ie: the main character dies), at least in the end of the story. I also know some authors who do not do light-hearted or single-part stories often (I am among that group).

I don't want to turn this into just "fetish" contests, I think we had a number of those in the past and they weren't appreciated by everyone, myself among that lot, especially since those contests tended to show favoritism towards certain character choices over others. I also will not go to "coupling" contests, because that implies a preference of one couple over another or others, which would find its own group of protesters.

If competition were easy to win, there wouldn't be any challenge in it.
Oddly enough, I was interested in tyrin to do an odd pair, indeed... Lucemon and Takuya. Basically, Lucemon is not trapped, and he seen as THE major villian... instead he is simply a Digimon who tags along, and who has the hots for the youngest of the group. Takuya sees through Lucemon's OBVIOUS advances, leaving Takuya backing away. He then talks to Zoe (in that "girlfriend to girlfreind" type of way) to see how "somebody" can get "another somebody" to like them and go to the next level. He does, Zoe finds out it was him nd Takuya, and they both start cat fighting becuase Lucemon called Zoe a skank.

As you can tell.. my idea, though interesting, isn't thouroughly thought out. Does this seem worthy enough to put in the contest?
I think that you have until the 20th to get it written and submitted. I'm not going to judge theoutline for comedy value, just the final product.
ya know what? I'm a tad skeptical about making something...

My Final will arrive in.. about a week.
Curses -- I had hoped we might have a few entries after all. Turns out we don't, so no contest. Well, I'll keep doing these 'till I leave the board, so keep up the efforts.

In addition, I will be reviewing fics that are posted here, and also those posted on the main site, assuming anybody bothers to ask me to review their stories.