Join our server on Discord

(NONH) Through the Looking Glass -- A Preview
[personal message]
Noto: This could've been settled through PMs. You're an Author, you should know which comments belong here and what is better solved in private.
[/personal message]

Quote:It would however be a nice common courtesy to avoid using the same title as someone else in the community's work since they have used it before you. It doesn't matter where/why you thought of using it as the end result remains the same. Furthermore, it doesn't matter in the slightest that his story under the title you want to use is a lemon or not. This is just a simple excuse you're trying to throw out there.
Christ, this thread is about the fanfic, not about the title. But fine, SR. If you want to be like that, I've got three things for you:
Red Rover wrote a lemon called "Through the Looking Glass" way in the past.
FFN has a Digimon fanfic called "Through the Looking Glass" which has been published in April 02.
Lewis Carroll published the book called "Through the Looking Glass" in 1871.

My point is that a whole bunch of fanfics and lemons have titles that have been used (and possibly copyrighted) before. Both in the "community" and in the outside world.

That's why I find it silly that we suddenly start nitpicking about which title was used where and when first. There are 30.000+ Digimon fanfics on the DaD and FFN alone, so it's going to be EXTREMELY hard to find a fitting title that hasn't been taken yet. If you also consider all the other fanfics of ALL other fandoms, AND all the book titles, movie titles, song titles, and other copyrighted labels and titles, you'll end up naming your work "Title_C1884622b" or so. Wink

On-Topic discussion and comments on the story from here on would be appreciated. Thank you.
Thank you for this, but I know what Im talkign about: As long as my story doesn't overly much resemble another of the same title, copyright limitations don't apply.

I am sorry that I was rude /and/ stubborn before, but I was (am) in a bad mood because of my (then and current) family circumstances. I don't like coming off like a huge jerk, so I really am sorry about it. But I was being honest when I said I didn't want to cause confusion with your "Mirror in the Mon" by using "Mon in the Mirror" as the title.

Anyway, as has been said, let's live and let be, and keep on with discussion of stories.
Mon in the Mirror is a part of Mirror in the Mon. It's the prolouge.

Now, I'm re-releasing a revised and edited version of that megalemon - coincidentally to fix some of the problems YOU mentioned in the lemon contest from last August. I do respect othr people's opinions from time to time - even if it takes me 365 days tp react :D

The entire megalemon is called "Mon in the Mirror" now and the Renamon/Renamon part is called "The Mon in the Mirror." It's not that rare to see a title in a book named after the book itself (see all of the Harry Potter books, Lord of the Flies, ect) to end the confusion. Plus Mirror in the Mon was a pretty dumb title anyway.

Consider this altercation forgotten. Besides, this topic is two months old, I only found your reply while randomly searching the forum archive. This topic was dead long before my off-topic comments Chibi :D
[/shameless plug]

Besides, Noto... I was talking about your first post in here. " :D "
lol, I'm not plugging anything you meanie 8)

I just wanted Alpha/Nate to know that I took his advice from last year.