Join our server on Discord

GREAT NEW IDEA!!
Agree to disagree?
It'd be wiser for us all to agree to shut the hell up. This is getting us nowhere, aside from me getting closer to beating the living shit out of all of you lot for dragging Pink Floyd into this debate. The only use for marijuana lies in medicine, and medicinal marijuana would probably have gone the way of thalidomide and leeches if it weren't for all those damn religious types blocking radical medical research.
That's what sucks, I'm a christian but I get science, my church hates me.
Quote:Mellow rock is much deeper than "OH, boohoo! My life sucks! I'll kill myself! Waaah! ::Random guitar solo::" (and don't say it isn't, I used to listen to that stuff too).

Mellow rock isn't deeper; you only think it's deeper. Because there's no or slow electric and only slow drumming you believe that the lyrics must have a deeper meaning in order to compensate, but most of the time, you're not getting compensated. I'll grant you that Pink Floyd does have some deep lyrics, but don't you dare try to argue that Bob Marley and Jerry Garcia were fucking geniuses. Also, my life does suck, so that style suits me pretty well. Oh, I can take the thrash metal, but there's no point because it's rarely coherent.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Ever listen to "Attics Of MY Life" or "Unbroken Chains" by Grateful Dead? And I think Led Zeppelin also had some very deep lyrics in it (it being half mellow half psychadelic)
Quote:And I think Led Zeppelin also had some very deep lyrics in it (it being half mellow half psychadelic)

I don't think they fall under mellow rock. Then again, my favorite song of theirs is "Kashmir", which wasn't a typical Zeppelin song.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Ok just going to say this, Punk Trash? shallow lyrics... Bad Religion. 'Nuff said.
Well not all music needs 'deep' lyrics, most music just wants to grab your emotions and take you for a ride. Musicians that have deeper lyrical content want to send a message along with an emotional sideline.

So no matter what genre of music you listen to there will always be bands that just want to make you feel something, and bands that want to tell you something. Perfect example; Pop, as a generalization pop is all about the feeling but there are a few pop bands over the years that release songs which had meaning and deep lyrical content.

So the point is MOOT, listen to what you like; and let others enjoy their choices as well. As long as you are listening to what you like so damn loud that my 400w truck system cant compete, then you are trying to force me to listen to you.
remember some songs have no point
and the only really sucky music is pop (and sometimes country)
Well not all Pop is sucky, I find a good bit of 80s pop entertaining and awesome music. 90s was more hit or miss, and I have trouble finding much I like in pop music.

As For Country... most of it past 1970 is junk. Give me Patsy Cline, Hank Williams Sr., and Conway Twitty.

As I said, music is a personal preference; choose what you like and leave others choices alone.
All I'm saying is Disco SUCKS! No matter hwo you put it, it sucks