Join our server on Discord

What are your thoughts on Valentine's Day?
Valentine's Day is coming up. A time to let others know how much you love and care about them...and here I am caring one wit less. Wheather because it's hard to make an emotional impact on me, or because I'm just naturally apathetic, I can't really feel too much towards this holiday. Yes, I can see the point in giving someone flowers and cards, but still, I feel like "why do we need a holiday? Can't we celebrate the love between me and another without any reason too?"

I mean...it's almost like this is the the one day out of the year that people are actually meant to care about one another. I can't help but feel like this is all just some kind of marketing scam to get people's money. If I'm going to give someone a card and a gift, I could do that just about any day out of the year if I wanted. Doesn't someone feel suckered into this somehow, as if they're saying "if you don't give such-and-such a card or a gift, then you don't really care about them?"

Well...that basically sums up my thoughts on this. I'm not sure what some of you may think about them but...there they are. Feel free to comment on it as you will.

Oh yeah, before I forget to think of it, here's a pic I remember seeing that brought this conversation to the front of my mind.

http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p...hiroth.gif
Dude, I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, unless your loved one agrees with you you usually have no choice but to play along : P
For sensitive people, such as myself, Valentine's Day is either the worst day of the year, or the best. It depends on whether or not you're alone. For the past nine years, it's been my least favorite holiday. This is my 150th post, so I've got a new sig. Am I the first person to quote myself?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
meh i don't really care it can be good or it can give u another to go get high and drink the hell outa your self and end up in bed with a guy u don't know
ahh Valentines Day, the day that the capitalist american pig dogs don't even know where it originated or why it is called Valentines...
Yes if you haven't already guessed the basic religious or other points behind the holiday's have become bastardized into marketing potential by the american businessmen....

Quick Quiz - 1 What cola does Santa Drink?
2 What is the origin of Easter Bunny?
3 Why is Valentines day called such?
4 St Patrick's Day, what effect does it have on a non-Catholic non-Irish person???

We as Americans (for those of us who are) are so used to believing the media we read and hear... we hardly even doubt or check it anymore...
The reality of it is, those profiteering companies basically Own the media... and they control what they own...

Ahhh pure unrelented Capitalist Glory eh?
1 coke
2 don't know
3 he was a maryt
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dic...10500.html
4 if you're a little kid and you don't have green on you get pinched but if you're an adult you get drunk and you drink

yeah what's so wrong with it as oposed to communism?
well communism sucks... very much. But too much capitalism leads to other problems... like we see today. Money = the power to do whatever you want and buy your way out of it.
My problem with it is that it is degrading most of the wonderful things about our society... money isnt everything.
Quote:money isnt everything.

But I'd like to see you live without it.
-Silverchair
I don't care about Valentines Day. It is a day like another for me. Meh I have a nice talk since I have no one I love in real life. :P
Angeteen. Im doing quite well actually.
have been unemployed for quite some time now (3 months) have no money and am living quite easily.