Join our server on Discord

My lemon
Wisemon Wrote:It's always the one you least suspect, but I did give him an excuse. He was still under Cherubimon's control. Also, he was planning on fucking Izumi after he killed her. That makes him a necrophiliac, not a rapist. Anyway, his excuse didn't stop Junpei from killing him, and that's why I like my heroes and villains, because they're flawed. The good guys have issues with drugs, fear, caring, feeling, envy, rage, and lust. The bad guys are only following orders, and the worst bad guy even has his good moment.

It still doesn't make sense! :p I won't go into my reasoning if you don't really care to hear it, though.

Quote:I don't like her character bashing either, but I think she has the right to do it. As we both pointed out, it would be hypocritical for me to tell her that she doesn't have the right. I'm bashing on Season 4 characters, and traits that I made up, so nobody really cares, but still, it's not my place to judge. Besides, I'm also pushing my personal beliefs in my lemons (the later ones). I need the freedom.

All I'm going to say to this is: I have a right to tell her that the character bashing is stupid. Where did I argue that she didn't have a right to bash characters? Of course she does. It's stupid and obnoxious, but she can. I will respond when I see it, though.
Quote:All I'm going to say to this is: I have a right to tell her that the character bashing is stupid. Where did I argue that she didn't have a right to bash characters? Of course she does. It's stupid and obnoxious, but she can. I will respond when I see it, though.

Why didn't you say so? That's fair enough.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
*blows whistle*okay guys knock it off, first off what does that frontier lemon have to do with my lemon? sheesh if you guys gonna flame each other do it on pm or somewhere else and not here
Hikari Yagami Kamiya Wrote:*blows whistle*okay guys knock it off, first off what does that frontier lemon have to do with my lemon? sheesh if you guys gonna flame each other do it on pm or somewhere else and not here

Funny, I could have sworn we were having a conversation... One about whether it was my right to tell you your fic is bad or not.*

It is. A large part of that is because of the bashing. You could make it better by taking out the bashing.

Also, I have to ask you this: you apologized to the Veegato and Daikari fans. I have to wonder if you're unable to separate the characters from the ships. This is slightly odd because the characters are from the show, but the ships are all from the fandom. Yes, that does mean Takari and Patagato as well as Daikari and Veegato. They are not canon and are unlikely to ever be.

Furthermore, people can be fans of characters without being fans of whatever the popular ships for that character are, just as people can be fans of shippings between characters that don't interest them.

You might want to remember this the next time you write a fic. Just dispense with apologizing to the shippers since you aren't obligated in any way to give them what they want in the way of ships - and apologize to the fans of the characters you choose to bash. You ARE writing them as doing stuff that they would never, ever do in canon and/or having them be tortured on authorial whim. Just a suggestion.

Finally,

Dispense with that officious tone. It is annoying, especially coming from you.

* - er, uh. I feel bad about taking the edge off of my rant, but I did want to point out that the discussion ensued because Wisemon misunderstood what I was saying. Not that I blame him - I don't think I phrased my initial post all that clearly.
BGAGTGAB Wrote:You might want to remember this the next time you write a fic. Just dispense with apologizing to the shippers since you aren't obligated in any way to give them what they want in the way of ships - and apologize to the fans of the characters you choose to bash. You ARE writing them as doing stuff that they would never, ever do in canon and/or having them be tortured on authorial whim. Just a suggestion.

I think this counts as an apology:

Hikari Yagami Kamiya Wrote:oh and Veegato/Daikari fans don't hate me for what I put ^_^

At least I think that it counts as an apology :roll:
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Lord Patamon Wrote:
BGAGTGAB Wrote:You might want to remember this the next time you write a fic. Just dispense with apologizing to the shippers since you aren't obligated in any way to give them what they want in the way of ships - and apologize to the fans of the characters you choose to bash. You ARE writing them as doing stuff that they would never, ever do in canon and/or having them be tortured on authorial whim. Just a suggestion.

I think this counts as an apology:

Hikari Yagami Kamiya Wrote:oh and Veegato/Daikari fans don't hate me for what I put ^_^

At least I think that it counts as an apology

Funny. Sure doesn't look like one to me.

... and in any case, two comments:

(1) You're not exactly unbiased yourself in this.

(2) If that really was an apology (which I doubt), then that was directed a the Veemon/Gatomon and Davis/Kari shippers. Like I said, you can be a shipper without being a fan of either of the characters you ship... and you can be a fan of a character without shipping anybody in particular with that character. I'm one example of the latter - I like Davis/Daisuke, but I don't have any particular ships in mind. Admittedly, I like Daisuke/Ken and Daisuke/Takeru and Daisuke/Ken/Takeru... but that's just because I think it'd be cute.

I'll say it again - NOBODY IS OBLIGATED TO WRITE A SHIPPING THEY AREN'T INTERESTED IN. She's not required to write Veegato or Daikari... and I'm not required to write Patagato or Takari. She hates Veegato and Daikari, and I absolutely loathe Patagato and Takari. No, what I'm getting at is that Veemon is so grossly out of character that she might as well write J. Random Rapist Digimon and it'd make sense. Not more sense, but sense period.

I could write a story about Evil!Takeru and Evil!Patamon assaulting Hikari and Tailmon... only to be gruesomely murdered by Daisuke and V-mon before they can do anything... and a round of Healing Sex ensues. I am much more mature than that, however, so I won't. In that case, I wouldn't apologize to the Takari and Patagato shippers, just the Takeru and Patamon fans.

p.s. - You posted to the With the Will forums once, and that was a Davis hate post. Word of advice - keep your opinions on Takari, Patagato, Davis, and Veemon to yourself, and you won't be unwelcome. Really! Admittedly, the board is really boring now so probably wisest not to bother.
Don't you think that's quite enough, BGAGTGAB? I can see what you don't like about this, but 5 posts in one topic based on the same thing are... Enough. We get the point, 'kay? ^^;;; I'm saying this because I remember when I posted my first lemon to this board, it turned into EXACTLY THE SAME DEBATE (between you and Chibi Biyomon), and I was not very pleased, even though I had to agree with you and though Chibi Biyomon was being VERY unreasonable.

What I'm saying is, if someone has just posted their first work, they need encouragement or constructive criticism, not endless post after endless post about how their character-bashing or relationshipping is childish/overdone (even when it really is childish or overdone). It's fair enough for you to point it out, but you're overdoing it. Instead of going on about that all the time, why don't you drop a comment or two about the things she did WELL in that lemon? Or give her some advice (other than "drop the shipping/bashing")?

Don't take offense from me saying all that... But I know it's not all too pleasant to have your first lemon topic turned into a battle- and spamground. So I felt this should be pointed out.
BGAGTGAB Wrote:p.s. - You posted to the With the Will forums once, and that was a Davis hate post. Word of advice - keep your opinions on Takari, Patagato, Davis, and Veemon to yourself, and you won't be unwelcome. Really! Admittedly, the board is really boring now so probably wisest not to bother.

Err.... had you noticed that the title of that topic is Digimon Character You Hate The Most...?

So I only posted my opinion but I don't bashed Davis or Veemon, I just posted my opinion of why I hate them its all, besides, I respect the others' coupling preference if you check my two lemons I never bashed Davis and Veemon, in fact in my second work that is gonna be a lemon series I gonna give Veemon a girl too.

And I agree with Urban better stop this debate here for the sake of all :roll:
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Quote:But I know it's not all too pleasant to have your first lemon topic turned into a battle

I can see how that would suck, but I think it's still better than getting no replies at all. Anyway, I'm proud to say that in this near-battle, I fought against both sides. Like I said, I'm neutral.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
urban dream Wrote:Don't you think that's quite enough, BGAGTGAB? I can see what you don't like about this, but 5 posts in one topic based on the same thing are... Enough. We get the point, 'kay? ^^;;; I'm saying this because I remember when I posted my first lemon to this board, it turned into EXACTLY THE SAME DEBATE (between you and Chibi Biyomon), and I was not very pleased, even though I had to agree with you and though Chibi Biyomon was being VERY unreasonable.

I don't entirely agree, but I do see your point and will take certain conversations to PM if I need to. I wish I'd responded more to Chibi Biyomon, but I don't think she would've listened anyway. I also wish she would have.

Quote:What I'm saying is, if someone has just posted their first work, they need encouragement or constructive criticism, not endless post after endless post about how their character-bashing or relationshipping is childish/overdone (even when it really is childish or overdone). It's fair enough for you to point it out, but you're overdoing it. Instead of going on about that all the time, why don't you drop a comment or two about the things she did WELL in that lemon? Or give her some advice (other than "drop the shipping/bashing")?

Well, I'll clarify something - it isn't the ship I object to, just the bashing. I'll try to post concrit or helpful advice after reading this.

Quote:Don't take offense from me saying all that... But I know it's not all too pleasant to have your first lemon topic turned into a battle- and spamground. So I felt this should be pointed out.

Fair enough, and I understand. I'm sorry the topic for your lemon turned that way - I was very angry with Chibi Biyomon and her post.

Lord Patamon - I'd like to respond to your comments in PM. Any objections?