Join our server on Discord

Free Country? My White Ass It Is! (Rant)
yes I have blunt sarcasm powers so I pull maybe one punch with that edtorial rant
the rant part is cool
yes everyone loves a well thought out rant by a sane person
but that was only well thought out by a semi-sane person
I kidding I'm sane (if I didn't have an imagination I wouldn't be maybe)
Going on that Quebec tangent, the thing about Quebec is that there are more French people here than anywhere else in the country. Back in the day, they felt opressed because they HAD to learn English to survive.

Nowadays...boy oh boy, have things ever changed. The Parti Quebequois took provincial power and started implementing all these laws about how all public signs had to be in 100% French (Was later toned down to just 75% in French), made it so all immagrant children in Quebec had to go to all French public schools, and so on...eventually, the law gave the French in Qubec a huge advantage, and culturally they became far more poweful. At least in Quebec. They started to think that they ought to seperate themselves from the rest of Canada because they were so different and tried twice.

Things went insane at one point a few decades ago when a fundamentalist French terrorist group (bet you never thought you'd hear that in your life) called the FLQ took important English-Canadian hostages and killed people. Trudeau had to enact martial law to take ces esti trouilards down. The thing was, when these bastards returned to Quebec years later, they were treated like heroes.

...Boy, I've rambled on. L'histoire local c'est trop important pour l'individual, esti. Anyways, I'd say the the conclusion that you can draw from this is that formerly opressed minorities are probably gonna stay sore at the majority for awhile, even after they gain some measure of power, but that's pretty damn depressing.
I was hoping that might draw a post from you.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
wow french terrorists? that's something (you know everything here in things like instructions are in three languages here or atleast english and spanish but wow canada is wierd maybe you guys need legal pot)
double post
Excuse me in advance for not being an idiot right wing conservative.

Well, I think some people have a point. I feel sorry for the Arabs and the gays. Bush said on national TV that "we should not let gays marry to protect the sanctity of marraige", which is basically saying "gays are the devil, so they should not marry"
And John Ashcroft's beloved "Patriot" Act basically says if you're arab, you're a terrorist and the US government will tap your phone line.
What is a man to do when even his own government wants him out? Isn't this supposed to be a land of equality, even if it is just the law?

And, no, I do not consider myself 'unpatriotic" for having my own veiws. If anything, I am more patriotic for having them.

And, on a final note:

Give me your tired,
give me your poor,
give me your huddled masses , yurning to be free,
unless they're arab, in which you shall be thrown in jail for being a "terrorist"
that's the "fine print" all views subject to change by washington d.c."
and I don't like right wing of left wing heck I'm over the legal vote limit and I haven't voted yet!
Sometimes the fine print matters