Join our server on Discord

Free Country? My White Ass It Is! (Rant)
Quote:I don't know what to say. It's called Democracy and if you don't like it, well, just vote for Bush and the next four years will be some of the creamiest of your life.

I'm pretty sure that he can't vote for the American president, unless he's lying about his location. Of course, if you're going to lie, why would you pick Quebec?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I hate french ........it's gota be the most boaring language ever
Wisemon Wrote:I'm pretty sure that he can't vote for the American president, unless he's lying about his location. Of course, if you're going to lie, why would you pick Quebec?

Most of the message boards I frequent are 99% American. This is really the only board I go to that has a global clientele, which I think is very cool, but sometimes I forget it.

The One Caron's attitude seems more typical of so many Americans than of what I usually think of when I think of Canadians. Given the progressive politics that they've enjoyed over the past year, I fugured that diversity was something they enjoyed. But at least for Caron, that doesn't seem to be so.
Quote:The One Caron's attitude seems more typical of so many Americans than of what I usually think of when I think of Canadians. Given the progressive politics that they've enjoyed over the past year, I fugured that diversity was something they enjoyed. But at least for Caron, that doesn't seem to be so.

Actually, I think there's a difference in attitude between Quebec and the rest of Canada. The Quebs think they're too good for the rest of the country.
I know that you saw me.
All this racism shit is starting to piss me off. hell, back in my catholic school (I'm not catholic, but it was safer than any other school around here) there was three black kids in the entire school. and when the rest of the school got frozen ice pops as a treat, they got taken off to the side and got giant chocolate chip ice cream bars. so basically being a "minority" gives you special privlidges.

Here's an e-mail I got that pretty much straightens things out and is actually rather appropriate for this sort of topic.

_______

Andy Rooney said on 60 minutes a few weeks back: (for those of you that don't know Andy Rooney, he is an 82 year old US TV commentator)

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion. I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry self if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent.
I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.
____

I edited some unneccesary stuff out to shorten it. Sorry if it was a bit long, but I completely agree with this.
Devkyu Wrote:All this racism shit is starting to piss me off. hell, back in my catholic school (I'm not catholic, but it was safer than any other school around here) there was three black kids in the entire school. and when the rest of the school got frozen ice pops as a treat, they got taken off to the side and got giant chocolate chip ice cream bars. so basically being a "minority" gives you special privlidges.

This sounds like the kind of story that my redneck friend used to rattle off. "Oh yeah, there's this guy at work that I know that got fired from his job because a negro applied for it! He told me all about it! Damn affirmative action! Man, it ain't fair!"

That's bullshit, and it never happened. As far as this ice cream incident goes, well, I don't believe that that happened either. Or maybe it did happen, but you don't sound like you know the half of it. Do you really think that your teacher gave them ice cream because they were black? Do you realize how insane that sounds?

This neo-conservative dismissal of the reality of racisim and classism in our society, and the growing belief in "might makes right," is really freaky. Do you really feel threatened and angry because you heard somewhere that your town couldn't put up a crucifix in the square or because some kids got ice cream and you didn't?
Actually, I believe his story. Still, I'm sure those three kids would've taken the vanilla over the chocolate any day, if you know what I mean.
I know that you saw me.
i know what ya mean
here's some of my opinion
(quotes from Devkyu in "")

"All this racism shit is starting to piss me off. hell, back in my catholic school (I'm not catholic, but it was safer than any other school around here) there was three black kids in the entire school. and when the rest of the school got frozen ice pops as a treat, they got taken off to the side and got giant chocolate chip ice cream bars. so basically being a "minority" gives you special privlidges."

oh well religion school are different

"Andy Rooney said on 60 minutes a few weeks back: (for those of you that don't know Andy Rooney, he is an 82 year old US TV commentator)"

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

true I have made the white tv joke for years

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

who's dumb enough to think girls should be in the boy scouts? WTF is that?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion. I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

I don't mind gays not that much at all

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

true and the white people that lived there would be the minority

I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

so very true you can speak whatever frickin' language you want just make sure you speak english as well

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry self if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

So True!

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

yeah you have to be born here to be that lazy (joke)

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them

yeah very true (what does living document mean anyway)

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent.
I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

yeah I use I think hispanic and asian but that's it I'm white he's black she's a mexian jew and that other guy over there is a bi-sexual cripple from the south pole, who cares!
we are just people and you can be the biggest A-hole in the world and most people wouldn't care what color your skin is or where your family comes from or even if you worship a freaking potato! you can still be an ass and I'll say you are such an ass

oh well people are just stupid but remember if you're a majority and one day you get to be a minority act like an ass at least once the jackasses that do that everyday deserve to be mocked

(sorry if any of this didn't make sense t's kinda late here and I can't really put my thoughts in to print well sometimes)
it kinda made sence and i kinda agree with it