Join our server on Discord

Poll: Is metalica still good?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
62.50%
5 62.50%
Yes
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Metalica *sigh*
I just wanna know what peoples opinions on Metalica is I personally think they are dead i mean i loved all there old stuff and the Black Album was abit hard to grasp at first but it was still Metalica! but I think there new stuff is shit its pethetic and its an insult to there older stuff god wtf where those guys thinking
Are they still good? Yes, but they got lazy. St. Anger is a steaming pile of indolence. Instead of using complicated guitar and drum compositions, they repeated the same melodies over and over. Instead of writing long and adequate lyrics, James wrote bullshit and kept repeating it to fill 80 minutes. Okay, "Frantic" works as a single, and "St. Anger" itself has some good energy, but the rest of the album is definitely shit. Also, Lars's tom-toms would've been cool for one song, but they're stupid for the whole album. Anyone who says that Metallica sold out is dead wrong. You have to believe in something to sell out. From "Kill 'Em All" to "St. Anger", their lyrics have always tried to pander to the majority of aggressive boys. Their tunes started to pander with "The Black Album", and that's how they became mainstream. True metal fans hate "The Black Album", but I'm not one of those psychos. Here are my favorite Metallica songs: "The Four Horsemen", "Seek and Destroy", "Hit The Lights", "Creeping Death", "Battery", "Master of Puppets", "Harvester of Sorrow", "Eye of the Beholder", "Don't Tread on Me", "Ain't My Bitch", "Hero of the Day", "Waste My Hate", and the S&M exclusive, "No Leaf Clover".
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I'm partial to "Sad But True" and "Enter Sandman", myself, but ever since the whole Napster incident, as well as Victoria's Secret, I've lost complete respect for them. Their just greedy corporate whores who dont even care about their true fans anymore.
Exactly, Boss exactly.
Quote:I've lost complete respect for them. Their just greedy corporate whores who dont even care about their true fans anymore.

Quote:Exactly, Boss exactly.

No, not exactly (Hertz, don't it?). I think you missed my point about them not selling out. They've always been whores. They just went from being attractive whores to being ugly whores. So now you don't want to be Jons anymore? That's your decision, but they could get good again. They obviously know about the negative reactions to "St. Anger", and their next album will probably pander to fix those problems. I doubt you'll hear those tom-toms again.
I know that you saw me.
No we didnt fail fail to miss your point. Other people can have different opinions you know. :?
Quote:Other people can have different opinions you know.

I know...I know...I know enough to spell Metallica with two l's.
I know that you saw me.
Wtf dude drop it dont start to get all bitchy with me this is sposed to be a peacefull forum oh and ouch you insulted my spelling im so hurt **sarcasim**
Hey, hey, hey... enough of that. This topic is meant to be a peaceful discussion. I dont want this to turn into a repeat of the GoC/Me incident, so let's not start throwing insults, no matter how small they may be.

We can just agree to disagree, alright?

No Fighting.
ok yea I agree and besides

Arguing on the internet is like the special olynpics even if you win your still retarted