Join our server on Discord

Poll: Which plot do you like?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Plot E
18.18%
2 18.18%
Plot D
0%
0 0%
Plot C
9.09%
1 9.09%
Plot B
45.45%
5 45.45%
Plot A
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Digimon 2010? A New Manga? *non-hentai*
About this morning, I had a dream. It was a strange dream, because it wasn't one of my regular dreams where I suddenly find myself in school, or at work, or doing something vaguely every-day-ish but with one of those dream twists to it.

Anyway, there I was, standing in a building that seemed a lot like some kind of shopping centre or... what do you Americans call 'em? Malls? And standing there, I saw all these posters for something called "Digimon 2010". It might have been a video game or perhaps, an entirely new Digimon cartoon in an attempt to revive the franchise.

Before I could figure out what this "Digimon 2010" was, I saw a trailer for it. It wasn't a very good trailer. For one, it was so large, I could have sworn I was standing in it. Another thing, it only showed a possibly minor character. He had this thatch-blonde hair in the typical, scruffy-Anime style and he had a bushy moustache. This guy had a kind of friendly, kindly, English Uncle kind of look to him. He might have even had glasses, coz he's that kind of guy. Anyway, he was also wearing this what looked like a blue labcoat, which was as blue as Takato's swimming trunks, and a striped scarf. (Very English). He seemed to be one of the good guys, perhaps a researcher on Digimon or Digimon 2010's version of Gennai, or even perhaps the guy who invented all Digimon.

That was all. Couldn't see anything else, coz I woke up thinking... My Gosh! I had a dream about something entertainment related! I must attempt to bring it about to reality, coz all my good entertainment ideas come from dreams. So I quickly started writing ideas feverishly about what "Digimon 2010" could be.

For one, I knew that this new Digimon cartoon had to be significantly different from the previous four seasons. It was a bit like the Megaman franchise. When Megaman's creator wanted to revive the classic Megaman games, he chose a completely alternate universe and made it completely different from the original. So, I'm guessing "Digimon 2010" must be significantly different from the originals, in an attempt to revive kids interests in the franchise.

So, one of the most important points is that... The kids must not enter the Digital World, ever.

Here are the following plots I came up with:

A). Digimon are artificially created pets, created by a company by designing them first using computers and then using some BioEmergence technique to bring them into the Real World. This same corporation could also have a secret desire to rule the world, so the Digimon might be programmed to obey their every will. Obviously, some incident must then occur to ensure that the hero Digimon do not have this programming, otherwise it would be a Digimon vs. Humans story with no destined children-Digimon pairing.

B). Corporation is secretly creating Digimon using the same techniques as described in Plot A. They are, however, not using them as pets, and secretly making an army of them to invade the world. One is stolen or escapes and befriends a boy. They become friendly and then fight against the evil Corporation, which is attempting to recapture the escaped Digimon and eliminate the boy (or girl).

C). Digimon are programmed into robots by guy in blue labcoat that I talked about earlier. A colleague of his steals some Digimon and attempts to conquer the world. Guy in blue labcoat creates a special Digimon to fight against his colleague.

D). Digimon are programmed into robots, but some go beserk due to a computer virus. These Digimon attempt to eliminate the human race, and it is up to a specially created Digimon and his/her partner to fight against them and their Leader.

E). Perhaps set after Plot D. The Earth is ruled by some new government, which is afraid the Digimon might rebel. They start a blanket genocide plan to eliminate all Digimon just in case. Some Digimon and their human partners leave and become rebels against the Government.

Note: Plots C, D and E may occur one after another.

Now, I wanted to attempt this, but I'm too busy with other projects at the moment. I am, however, very keen to see "Digimon 2010" come a reality. So, first, I would like you to vote on which plot you like best. And secondly, I want to ask which one of you wants to do a Manga comic on "Digimon 2010"? (I think that fanfics will not do this justice and that Manga or Anime will only do it justice).

Please vote and please, if you do draw, please do consider attempting this project. If you do attempt this project, please give me credit for the idea. Thank you.
Plot B is pretty cool, so I voted for that ^^

I draw from time to time and my efforts come out decently, but I can't match up with any of the really good guys that hang around at this place. I would, however, like to see an idea as interesting as that one become reality. I might give it a shot if I get time... PM me if you're interested or something. If someone more skilled than me offers to draw it for you, I'll just take back my offer...
Heh. I recently asked for a fic that could easily be the next chapter of your "Digimon_Yaoi.EXE" and offered to make a trade for a pic, but nobody replied. So you're obviously not interested in my art. Well, too bad for you.
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Heh. I recently asked for a fic that could easily be the next chapter of your "Digimon_Yaoi.EXE" and offered to make a trade for a pic, but nobody replied. So you're obviously not interested in my art. Well, too bad for you.

Well that's news to me. I have received no emails in the past four weeks, save for one from one Jolteon of Starwing HQ. I've checked my PM inbox, no PMs. When and where exactly did you ask me for this fic?

Note, I don't check these forums regularly or the site regularly, so this could also be why you received no reply.

Send it again and let's see if I'm interested. (I find it very difficult to do a Yaoi fanfic so even if you do request it, it might be some time before I can grant you that request).
Well, I posted it here in the request section. But anyway, I don't really have time to draw a manga now, so I can't ask you for any request now. Better take up urban's offer. Maybe next time we could trade.
i like plot B because its fresh. Have they already made a new Digimon Series in Japan(not savers) And is savers comming anytime to america :?: