Join our server on Discord

Bizzare Happenings
I went to a party last saturday night... no, actually I didn't, but that is besides the point. My point is this:

Something weird yet cool happened to me last night. A lot happened. On one of the forums I recently signed up to and began to frequent I only really went to the normal talk, the welcomes, and the rpg corner. Posted something in the story section but rarely ever check it.

Last night I noticed that there were whole PAGES missing from the big RPG a few of us were being active in and those pages contain pretty significant info. This perplexed me since pages of text don't just get up and walk away. If they did then pages of text would be a lot easier to get a hold of since you would just need to go to downtown L.A. and pick up one of those runnaway pages that have no money, no home, and are addicted to some drug which you could not even begin to pronounce. Those pages would be in desperate need of help and so you would go out and find a place where they belong and a place where they could be successful. This isn't the case, though, since pages do not just get up and run away no matter how much you abuse them.

To satisfy my voracious appetite for answers I decided to go the the complaints/suggestions page to see if there was anything happening there. Turns out that there was a flame war going on without my knowledge to it. I was suprised... well, maybe not since I never went to the complaints/suggestions page ever since I found nothing to complain about nor suggest. The forum was an ideal forum as far as I was concerned.

The whole sotry behind the flame war was that the admin got into an arguement with someone who he considered a friend, the friend said something which the admin interpretted as "I am going to leave and take everything I wrote with me," so to prevent that from happening the admin wrote a disclaimer at the bottom of each page which read "Anything posted to the forum becomes the intellectual property of the forum". By doing this he pissed off a lot of people/artists/writters, making a couple of them leave... taking what they have posted with them. As for the friend, he bitched and then left... taking all his stuff with him. After they all left, the admin took down the disclaimer and yet the flame war still went on.

Actually I found all this out later, what happened first was I went to the chatroom of the forum just to see who was hanging around. I met up with the admin there, and noticed he was having a break-down. He told me only a little bit of his story, I gave him some advice, and then read the specific thread in which the flame war ensued.

I was pissed off at how stupid everybody was, and the few who actually said things that were relevent to ending the confrontation were completely ignored. So, being a person who hates to choose sides, I stepped in, created a new thread, and became a self-proclaimed mediator. After I told all three sides of the story (friend, admin, everyone else) and gave an overall evaluation of the situation I gave a solution, a semi-compromise of sorts.

After I said that I went back into the chatroom, no one occupied the room but me for five minutes, then someone popped on in. quickly I referred him to my post to see if it was too much. He came back.

"So THAT'S what's been going on! I had no clue," -.- Not too much later my sanity was saved when the admin popped back in. I reffered him to my post, waited anxiously, and he comes back and tells me it was the most logical thing he had seen regarding the current situation.

Two more people stopped on in, I reffered them to my post, and they both came back saying the same thing. I was like "wow" and stuff. So we got into talking about what course of plan should be taken. After more and more discussion I suddenly find myself as a moderator to the forum with my ideas being put into action.

Probably the thing that amazes me most is not the fact that I went from rags to riches in one night, it is the fact I went from rags to riches in TWO HOURS. Two hours, one post, one meeting with two other people of any significant value (although in the diagram report I created I had to put in the lurkers as witnesses). and suddenly all the standards and rules of the forum are in the proccess of being completely revamped, including a whole new section dedicated to rules and changing rules, and will be completed by tuesday at the latest.

KUDOS FOR ME!!!

Blessed Be,
~Arrowhead~