Join our server on Discord

Poll: How often do you brush your teeth
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
every day
62.96%
17 62.96%
every other day
7.41%
2 7.41%
when I feel like it
22.22%
6 22.22%
never!
7.41%
2 7.41%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

how often do you brush your teeth
yay same
I brush once a day. Wanna know why it's not more? Because for many years I've been stuck with this EVIL dentistry place that constantly screws up on my mouth (poking their cleaning hooks into my tongue and cheek sides and making them bleed). They give sucky advice too.

Get this, the dentist asked me how much I brush my teeth. I told her once a day like they told me to last check up. She told me that I'm doing good and I have no cavities. I asked her if I should brush more times than once a day, and you know what she said? "It's not recomended because in doing so, your abraiding your teeth and weakening them." I believed that for many years untill my parents switched dentists. I've been having painless checkups ever since ^^ yet... I'm still worried that brushing more than once a day is bad...
well I think it is useless doing it more then once in the day. Over the day I use mostly some chewing gum after eating, though I eat mostly not at home. I brush them on the evening and everytime I get good comments about my teeth. ^^
I never brush my teeth! Plaque is a fictional tool of the liberal media and the dental industry in order for you to buy useless appliances and pastes. Now, I've read the arguements on both sides ,and I have found no evidence yet to support the need to brush your teeth...ever
o______________O
well the main point of brushing your teeth is to remove plaque which causes several problems, but the main reason is just to make them pretty to look at.
Plaque in itself doesn't directly harm the teeth, but it can trap chemicals that will hurt your teeth under it. You do realise what your mouth is constantly filled with? Your Saliva aids in the breaking down of food particles, so that means it is a mild acidic chemical. Now if you drink sodas you increase the acidic amount in your mouth causing increased erosion of your teeth. Interestingly enough the erosion of teeth is a natural thing, just as the erosion of the body itself.
So brushing your teeth is simply to clean them and help slow the erosion. Too bad we aren't like the shark and can grow new teeth as needed. But no matter how well you take care of your teeth they will eventually erode... you might be dead before that happens but it will happen.
As for Brushing more than once, that is a debatable position, first you must look at how we clean something. When you bleach a cotton shirt, you are literally weakening the cotton so that the stained cotton material can be easily removed... so too much bleaching of a cotton shirt will basically wear it out prematurely. Brushing your teeth may be the same way, brushing too much may actually be increasing the speed of erosion... but eh it's debatable and not really tested. Personally once per day, plus flossing and mouth wash is probably enough to take care of the night's and previous days plaque build up.
I do know that eating certain things (crunching ice cubes or other hard things) can destroy the enamel that protects the inner part of the tooth. Our teeth are only hardened on the outside, and not very deeply, the inner core contains a nerve and a softer core material comparable to bone marrow.
Now this is what I have learned from my own interesting dental experiences... you tend to do a ton of research when something directly affects you.
*claps* Thank you Dr. Shadrach.

Hehe. Well I'm glad someone agrees with brushing only once a day. I mean, I went through my life only brushing once a day, and when I go to get a checkup, I have no cavities, as usual =)
I've never had any cavities, and I never brush. It's a scam!!
i've had 3 caviteys
Quote:i've had 3 caviteys

Normally, that's pretty bad, but it's better than average for a Brit.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against