Join our server on Discord

FEB 2004 CONTEST -- WINNER ANNOUNCED
The Digiartist's Domain: St. Valentine's Day Contest

This contest has a due date of 14 February, 2004 -- Entries will be accepted beginning on 25 January. In keeping with the thought of St. Valentine's Day, Romance is an appropriate genre, and this is a Romance contest, in the fashion of a romance novel. This means that the relationship must be begun completely in the context of the story, and any conflicts must be resolved during the story. This does not limit the possible pairings or sexual orientations portrayed. CROSSBREEDING IS ALLOWED.

As always, entries may not be published before the contest is finished. All entries must involve at least one of the original characters from the series, even if the relationship is them with a fan-made character. No fan-made/fan-made pairings!

Being in the style of a romance novel, the story should appeal to readers for the romantic drama involved. So long as they do not detract from the romantic nature, fetishes and kinkiness will be allowed. Non-consensual situations are off limits, likewise with semi-consensual situations.

Non-Consensual situations include: hypnosis for sexual purposes and all forms of mind control are forbidden, the use of alcohol or other chemical agents to encourage a partner, etc.

Yaoi, Yuri, and even relationships with three active participants are allowed, so long as the story remains a romance. Likewise, crossbreeding (Digimon/Human pairings) are perfectly acceptable so logn as the story remains a Romance.

All entries must begin with the Title, Author Name, and rating, each on a separate line. Do not include a note about why you chose a certain series, or a note that "this is for a contest", or any other notes at the top of the story. All author's notes should be placed at the end, and preferably with a marked separation between story and notes.

Stories should be submitted in Microsoft Word .DOC, .RTF, or .TXT format. If you use Appleworks you may send a .CWK file, and if you write in an HTML editor you may submit a .HTM file.

Any entries not fitting the above rules will be immediately disqualified. When sending your submission to me, send via e-mail to kharonalpha [at] hotPOP.com -- Make certain you use the appropriate Subject Line [DaD Valentine Contest], and the body should contain the first three lines (Title, Author, Rating) of the attached file. The third line is optional, the first two are mandatory.

Entries are preferred in Third-person view with no "script-style" dialogue. These rules are being posted on 1 January, 2004; Entries will not be accepted until 1 February, 2004. Entries should have at least 1000 to 1500 words, with a maximum of about 7000.

GRADING SCALE
PLOT - 10 possible points. This is a score concerning the actual plot and plot development in the story. This also involves wrapping up the plot at the end.
CHARACTERS - 10 possible points. This score concerns the believability of the characters as people, both relative to their series and relative to the story itself.
SEMANTICS - 10 possible points. Grammar, paragraphing, punctuation, mis-spellings, and all variety of miscellaneous issues that plague the writing but not the story.
QUALITY - 10 possible points. This is the overall flow of the story, the connections between characters and events, the overall believability of the story, and how well the judge is able to suspend their disbelief when necessary.
CONFLICT - 10 Points. This is based on actual conflicts (as in a romance novel) that may cause the characters to doubt the intentions of the other or that are obstacles towards their getting together, or even which cause them to initially meet.
ROMANCE - 10 Points. This is based on how well the story emulates the feel of a romance novel.

JUDGES may enter the contest and win, and so the lowest scores (overall lowest from a single judge) for all non-judge entrants will be disqualified. I would appreciate it if AGZ and Lord Archive, the winners of the October Contest, would be among the Judges.

That's all for now -- Nate Hunter
Oh goodie, a new contest! I'm probably gonna enter this one, if I can think of anything to write! :D Let's just hope this one doesn't end up like the bloody christmas contest... :roll:

BTW, Nate, what is the rule "No fan-made/fan-made pairings!" really supposed to mean? You obviously made a typo, and I'd rather be on the safe side.
urban dream Wrote:Oh goodie, a new contest! I'm probably gonna enter this one, if I can think of anything to write! :D Let's just hope this one doesn't end up like the bloody christmas contest... :roll:

BTW, Nate, what is the rule "No fan-made/fan-made pairings!" really supposed to mean? You obviously made a typo, and I'd rather be on the safe side.

I think that Nate means that pairings that are Fan made/Fan made characters are not allowed only pairings with official characters are allowed, at least is how I understood Wink
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
*smacks forehead* Of course, it's obvious. Sorry. I was too tired when I wrote that. >.<
Yup, pairings containing only fan-made characters are off limits. They can contain fan-mades, but there must be at least one of the original characters from the show involved... Heh, sorry if that wasn't too clear.
Oh, it was perfectly clear... I just somehow still failed to get it ^^;;;; For some reason I assumed it was supposed to mean "fan-made character / something else", and so I concluded "fan-made chara / fan-made chara" must've been a typo. :oops:

Ah well. All clear now, heh... ^^;;
cool, but i haf a question for ya

wordpad can save text files, correct?
Yes, Wordpad can save TEXT files.
hummmmmmmmmmm mabey i should try ??? :?
new question

what if i put part of the story as the beginning and do a flashback kind of thing? like the movies on lifetime, could i do that?