Join our server on Discord

Saddam Hussein: Captured
The only problem with keeping him alive is that he'll probably be jailed in Iraq, and he'll be under the control of the Iraqi government, whenever that gets set up. There's a good chance that an internal conspiracy could arise that would bust him out. It's just like the Russians trying to guard their old nuclear warheads; the chance of corruption is too great. Actually, it's closer to a comic book villain scenario. Hussein is like Carnage; no matter how well he's locked up, until he's dead, there's a chance that someone will successfully unleash him.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Quote:As for the grenade-in-the-hole thing, the American government has done political assassination before, but not to much success. During the Cold War, Chile became a communist republic under the President Allende. Fearful about the ramifications of having a communist country so close to us, the government sent some agents to assassinate Allende, even though he had not shown any actual threat to us. We then chose a new capitalist leader for Chile, and he ended up being a military dictator. The Portenos were understandably pissed about that.
There's a difference there. Allende was actually assassinated. Hussein would've been killed in battle.