Join our server on Discord

FUCKING HUGE NEWS
"dunecoon"

Charming.

I saw an image of Saddam on the TV briefly, and I had to say that as a human being I couldn't help but feel a little bad for him. He really seemed to have aged there.

However, all other factors in consideration... it's a very good thing and, yes, I'm happy that he's been captured for trial.

Only, I can't help but wonder just how much that's really going to help the Iraqis...
Quote:However, all other factors in consideration... it's a very good thing and, yes, I'm happy that he's been captured for trial.

Only, I can't help but wonder just how much that's really going to help the Iraqis...
Good question, BGAGTGAB. Saddam's capture may have made the big news, but the Iraqis have far greater problems to struggle with in "normal" day to day life.

Personally, I do NOT think Saddam should be executed. This is because I do not believe in the death penalty. I think NOBODY should be allowed to kill ANYBODY. A killer shouldn't kill someone innocent, no state should be allowed to shoot criminals. And no international court or whatever should be allowed to kill a mad ex-dictator. I mean, he's captured. He's harmless now. The only reason to shoot him would be revenge (I don't believe in the "scaring off other potential dictators" idea, that's bullshit), and that's never a good reason for murder, especially as that would mean lowering yourself to his level.
And besides, don't you think spending the rest of his life in prison with no supporters around him and stripped of all of his power would be ALOT worse for him than a quick and near-painless death?
a bit late, but this are really good news.
Glad this person is catched and recieves what he earns.

Hope Osama will have the same fate as Saddam soon.
urban dream Wrote:Good question, BGAGTGAB. Saddam's capture may have made the big news, but the Iraqis have far greater problems to struggle with in "normal" day to day life.

Personally, I do NOT think Saddam should be executed. This is because I do not believe in the death penalty. I think NOBODY should be allowed to kill ANYBODY. A killer shouldn't kill someone innocent, no state should be allowed to shoot criminals. And no international court or whatever should be allowed to kill a mad ex-dictator. I mean, he's captured. He's harmless now. The only reason to shoot him would be revenge (I don't believe in the "scaring off other potential dictators" idea, that's bullshit), and that's never a good reason for murder, especially as that would mean lowering yourself to his level.
And besides, don't you think spending the rest of his life in prison with no supporters around him and stripped of all of his power would be ALOT worse for him than a quick and near-painless death?

First of all, barring that chance that Bush truly is a fucking moron, it is unlikely that Saddam is going to be executed. Not only would it be unlikely to scare off other dictators, it could also potentially cause another major wave in the grand jihad against America.

Also, though Iraq is now officially freed from Saddam's control, the problems are far from over. The Iraqi people resent the fact that after over 20 years of dictatorship, their country is now controlled by America. And it definitely doesn't help that George Bush is very open about his Christian views.
Quote:First of all, barring that chance that Bush truly is a fucking moron, it is unlikely that Saddam is going to be executed. Not only would it be unlikely to scare off other dictators, it could also potentially cause another major wave in the grand jihad against America.

We should do what John Travolta's charater said in sordfish:

Stanley: War? Who are we at war with?
Gabriel: Anyone who impinges on America's freedom. Terrorist states, Stanley. Someone must bring their war to them. They bomb a church, we bomb 10. They hijack a plane, we take out an airport. They execute American tourist, we tactically nuke an entire city. Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that is becomes unthinkable to attack Americans.
...that's the worst idea I EVER heard... :shock:
What we should sit back and do nothing then more stuff will happen to us

[Image: usa_under_attack_63.jpg]
*sighs* All right then, 007, let's take a closer idea at that suggestion of yours...

Quote:We should do what John Travolta's charater said in sordfish:

Stanley: War? Who are we at war with?
Gabriel: Anyone who impinges on America's freedom. Terrorist states, Stanley. Someone must bring their war to them. They bomb a church, we bomb 10. They hijack a plane, we take out an airport. They execute American tourist, we tactically nuke an entire city. Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that is becomes unthinkable to attack Americans.

How can you just sit there and suggest it's all right if those things happen to innocent people, 007? Would you like to be one of the people at that church or that airport that gets blown up? Or maybe just one of the harmless, Joe-average citizens in that city that gets nuked? Maybe one of the many miscarried babies or freaks that result from nuclear attacks? Correct me if I'm wrong, but somehow, I doubt it. So how can you suggest it's OK for such things to happen to other people? Do you think you're better than them for some reason?
That whole idea about "terrorist states" is just fucked up. THEY DON'T EXIST AS SUCH. There's no "Terrorist Republic of Afghanistan" or "United Al Qaeda Emirates" or anything like it. Yes, of course there are many countries (Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, to name some) in which Al Qaeda and similiar terrorist organisations have many followers... Way too many. But that doesn't make that country a "terrorist state". It doesn't make all the people in that country terrorists, either. I don't have any numbers, but I know the majority of people in those countries have never killed anyone, don't want to kill anyone, and will never kill anyone. A good number of them definitely don't support terrorists either. They're INNOCENT. It's NOT okay if they're made to pay for someone else's crime. Terrorism isn't a country, an army, a building or something else you can aim a weapon at. Terrorism is just a bunch of madmen, who have mostly become what they are because their lives were fucked up.
< irony > And didn't one of the 9/11 bombers study in Germany or something? Doesn't that make it a terrorist country as well? All right! Let's go bomb K
Oh wow, JamesBond007 - linking to shocking images.

WAY to debate!

Also... regarding your movie quote, why not go ask the Israelis just how well they're doing with that particular tactic?
If it were up to me the whole middle east would of been nuked off the map and turned into another sea

How many people do the terrorist's have to kill before we do anything about it