Join our server on Discord

Every time I start to believe, something's raped and taken
Now that she was done with her final exams, I was just about to have my first date with my soulmate, a girl with my same loneliness and determination. Then I got a cold, a cold with a fever. I broke the fever by turning my room into a sauna, and I told her that I felt a lot better. She was still afraid of getting sick, so the date was cancelled. This type of luck has pretty much defined my life, which leads to the poll question.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Reschedule it.

Then tell us how it went.

Wash your hands and use Kleenex. That's what God is trying to tell you.
I can't reschedule; it was a one-time shot. After months of getting to know her, and getting to know that she was very similar to me, I figured out the perfect DVD to get her for Christmas. We were going to watch it together in my room, but because we're both shy, we weren't calling it a date. Through a sneaky method, I found out that she likes me (her exact words were a bit more provocative), but even with this knowledge, it could be a while before we have another opportunity. Still, I was being overdramatic. Thank you, Dihydrogen Oxygen and Silicon Dioxide Mixture Boy, you put things into perspective nicely.
I know that you saw me.
Hehe, I would've given you the same advice, Wisemon... But just to answer your question, if he exists, I think God enjoys fucking with just about everyone's lives. Gotta learn to cope with it, there's nothing else you can do.

Oh, and hey, hope you get another chance with your date. If you really like the girl and she really likes you, it ought to work. ^^
Stick in there man, persist in getting another date, if she likes you it'll show. Good luck!
Look at it this way. At least God didn't make it so your girlfriend lives 3 hours away, like he did with pretty much every girl I've ever flirted with.
Alright, I know I'm the one who brought God into this, but enough already. Like I said, I was being overdramatic. The reason I wrote the question in the first place stems from a debate that I had with a kid who wears one of those W.W.J.D. wristbands. The story makes me look pretty bad, so I won't go into it, but it was relevant to this. If you want, you can try to put the story together in your head. Go ahead, use your imagination.

I do appreciate the support, thanks.
I know that you saw me.
Personally, I like the "What Would SCOOBY DO?" wristbands! Twisted
Seriously, life takes these rotten turns. I had enough things happen to shatter my dreams about love and romance and boinking until I found the girl I wanted to marry.....I just got my holiday party plans sunk (yet AGAIN) by the wife...The girl I wanted to marry. :cry: :cry: :cry: Yeah, I'm married.....Boy, don't you think I'll tell everyone to pass on THAT!!!
Good luck; maybe it'll happen again for you.
Just remember that no matter WHAT you do to try to make something right, eventually you'll get your heart broken. And it hurts.
And it Hurts.
And it HURTS.
And NO good deed goes unpunished.
Musca.
Wisemon Wrote:Thank you, Dihydrogen Oxygen and Silicon Dioxide Mixture Boy, you put things into perspective nicely.

Oh, you're welcome. :roll:

I think I understand how you feel. I haven't gone through anything exactly like that but I know the feeling when everything seems to be in the right place and then something goes wrong and you don't feel it's ever going to come together again. That sucks, and I feel for you.

Still, I encourage you to reach out to her and do something to try to get things in motion again. Sometimes everything falls in your lap and works out perfect, but more often, you'll have to take action to get the things that you want. You know that she likes you, and you like her... so at least reach out to her as a friend and see what you can come up with.

I know it's hard, but as I once heard in a song:

Quote:The thing about regret is, it's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done.

Keep us posted. Let us know if we can help.
It's official; he enjoys it. I overheard a conversation that she had with her sister. Another guy is after her, a guy with less honorable intentions. She said, "If I have to choose, I'll choose-" and I didn't hear the rest. I gave her a clue that I was planning something for Valentine's Day, but now I don't think it's safe to wait that long. I have to show my hand now, give her my poem. This is a call to all my past resignations. It's been too long. I just hope that tomorrow doesn't end up being the day I tried to live-and failed miserably.
I know that you saw me.