Join our server on Discord

About Digimon
Oh I see.
Thanks for the info.
Tell me, sir, just what is so bad about Stingmon? Or let us not forget Jewel Beemon [a Stingmon candidate at Perfection level]... So delicious, and so sexy.

but let us also be practical -- who has said evolution has anything to do with the value of a Digimon? Now, let's hope this table (from Megchan's Encyclopedia) will prove you wrong on your theory of who Wormmon can become:

ENGLISH NAME

LEVEL

ATTRIBUTE

TYPE

Wormmon

Rookie

Virus

Larva Digimon

FIRST APPEARANCE

NAME ORIGINS

Season 2
Episode 1

English. Worm.

DEVOLUTIONS

EVOLUTIONS

Minomon

Airdramon, Angemon, Archelomon, Bakemon, Bullmon, Coatlmon, Greymon, Ice Devimon, Kongoumon, Nohemon, Owlmon, Puttimon, Revolmon, Searchmon, Shadramon, Sorcerymon, Stingmon, Togemogumon, XV-mon, Yanmamon

ATTACKS

Sticky Net, Silk Thread, Random Roll

Wormmon can become some rather cool Digimon, as you might notice. I don't seem to see you complaining about Greymon or Angemon, and Sorcerymon is a wariant form of Wizarmon. So what does evolution have to do with it?

And what is that about nobody wanting to love Wormmon? I seem to recall that Ken loved Wormmon, and that's how he was able to find his Digitama. That's what had created their close friendship in the first place, before Ken was twisted into the Kaizer. And with how cute Wormmon is, how could you not love him?

Renamon, on the other hand...

ENGLISH NAME

LEVEL

ATTRIBUTE

TYPE

Renamon

Rookie

Data

Beast Man Digimon

FIRST APPEARANCE

NAME ORIGINS

Season 3
Episode 1

French. Rena is short for renard, which means fox.

DEVOLUTIONS

EVOLUTIONS

Pokomon

Black Growmon, Depthmon, Devidramon, Dogmon, Ebidramon, Gargomon, Guardromon, Harpymon, Lighdramon, Kyuubimon, Musyamon, Orcamon, Prairiemon, Rinkmon, Sakuyamon, Seadramon, XV-mon, Yashamon, Youkomon

ATTACKS

Fox Leaf Arrowhead, Wisteria Punches, Fox Change Void

Dogmon? I'd be ashamed if I could evolve into that piece of crap looking Digimon. Seadramon? Just a worm, and what's lovable about worms (except Wormmon, who is a caterpillar, not a worm), even if they are sea dragons? And Ebidramon? Shrimp-dragon? Come on, you can't be serious about that being a result of a sexy creature.

Strong? Well, sure Renamon is strong. But she also defies the mold of Child level Digimon by being taller than her partner, and in fact in being much taller than the waist. Even Tailmon, an Adult level Digimon, isn't half as tall as her partner, Hikari (during 02).

Beautiful? A matter of opinion, as some people like scales instead of fur and petit instead of tough. I personally agree, but it's not our place to define beauty for everyone else here.

Furry? Umm, she's a fox. Tailmon and Gomamon are furry too, but I don't see you praising them for it. Hell, Dogmon and Garurumon are too, and again, no praise here for them.

Weak? How is Wormmon so weak when he becoems an obviously stronger Digimon through evolution (Stingmon), has the toughest partner in all of 02 (Ken), and took hell over his devotion to Ken just because he wouldn't give up on the good in his own partner (the entire Digimon Kaizer story arc)? Who did Ken take his anger out on? Wormmon, and Wormmon took it like a real mon. Do you really expect Renamon would just sit by and let Ruki punish her for something she didn't do?

Ugly... Let me guess, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but ugly is in the eye of me."? Something anywhere along those lines? I admire Wormmon, he is the cutest Digimon out there, IMO, and not even a Culumon in my face could convince me otherwise.

Buggy? Nope, he's a more reliable Digimon than Jyou is a human. He stuck by Ken even during the worst of everything, when Ken created Chimeramon, when Ken took over Greymon, Wormmon was even there when Ken needed to vent his anger on anyone, rgardless of whether they deserved it. Sure he's an insect, but he the best Digimon in any season as far as personality.

As a note towards maturity, both Renamon and Wormmon are the same level -- CHILD. They are the lowest level of fighting Digimon, the lowest level that ever gets any major time in the show. They are both children, and neither is more mature than the other. Remember, Renamon thought fighting and loading data was the only way to evolve and get stronger, though Wormmon knew better. On the other hand, Wormmon took shit that Renamon never would have, so they each have their personality strengths and weaknesses.

Consider everything a bit more deeply than just the body and appearance, before you jump to such judgements as these. Wormmon is cute and cuddly and lovable, while Renamon is strong and sexy and graceful. Neither is innately better than the other.