Join our server on Discord

Why does it feel so hard to complete a series?
I just keep trying to think about how to move my series on and get a headache, it seems like one-shots broken up would be easier!

I just can't figure it out!
Don't give up! The inspiration to finish it is out there somewhere. I know how hard it is to make things fall into place at the end of a story, but keep at it. It's such a letdown if you leave it incomplete, not just for the readers, but for yourself. You can do it!
Yeah! To quote one bunny from one game

Quote:Never give up! Trust your instinct!
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
It defies our nature, which is to do things as completely unrelated events, and so it is hard. It is as difficult as being forced to confront the interaction of you rnumerous events in life, the results of your choices being shown in crystal clarity how they were not isolated events.

It takes a great effort to do an ongoing series, and often it stems from an author's desire to externalize some of their own emotions and conflicts, which is what allows it to continue, but it is difficult to complete for two reasons. The first, related to the conflict reasoning, is that the conflict does not end, and so the series cannot end. The other, more common, reason is that an ending for the series was never planned, and they don't want to seem to be making a contrived ending just to finish the series.

Keep at it and plug away, and plan a conclusion for your story before you get to the point of saying "Oh, shit, I need to write the ending now, what can I do?"
Hang in there. Take a short break and collect your throughts and deal with whatever distractions or responsibilities are taking away your focus, but at some point make yourself return to your writing and just see what happens.

Listen to Nate Hunter. He has wisdom.
If I might say something...

I do not know how far you are in your serie, not even what type of serie it is, but I've noticed something:

90% of the times, the point of an ending is to have things get back into normality. Of course, you should point out (Whitout "yelling" LOOK LOOK LOOK!!) how normality was altered by the story. Most good endings I've seen are a short reflection from a character about how the adventure/events/whatever changed him. Usually one or two phrases.

Of course, if you're planning a "climactic battle" type ending, I can't helop much :cry:.