Join our server on Discord

Least favorite character?
Digimon is one of those animes that has a handfull of different characters, and even though many ppl claim to love them all, I doubt anyone out there seriously likes them all equally. So, who's your least fav?

For me, I would have to say-->

Takeru (02 version)
In Digimon Adventure I really didn't mind Takeru-kun that much. He was like most kids his age and Patamon is so kawaii! But when Takeru got older he lost his cuteness and that voice...*cringes* Well, it just didn't seem all to attractive to me. He seemed to take a spotlight too much (like when he was beating up the Digimon Kaizer) and would bash on Daisuke-kun (more in the dub than the original though.)

Ruki
Ok, nothing personal but little miss 'I am the first non-girly girl' of Digimon is just plan annoying to me. Her seiyuu and VA are both very good so its not how she sounds. But everyone made such a big fuss over her when Tamers came out, it was almost disgusting. Another reason I don't like her is due to those oh so wonderful dubbie changes.

Those are probably the only two I can really say I dislike the most. There are a few more I'm not very fond of, but there are moments where I like them so I won't bother putting their names up.
I hated:

Davis:
He almost always lead his friends into dangers. Can't he think twice before he act? Can't he seek advice from seniors T.K. and Kari?

Jeri:
Always could not forget her past. I know it's difficult to forget the painful memories, but don't keep it in your heart alone, try to share with your friends and forget it.

Behold! I come, I see, I conquer!
I would have to say Arukenimon, she was such a sadistic evil woman and just couldn't give Mummymon the respect he deserved, I think he should have just gotten rid of her!
Gekomon: Ever time one of them opened it's mouth I just wanted to start ass stomping.

Puppetmon: Kinda creepy just for the fact that he took TK to his big mansion out in the middle of nowhere to play hind and go seek. People have been arrested for that nowadays. :D

THRILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm... Joe. He acts so artificially. You can tell he's basically nothing but a plot device.
Hmm...

Daisuke. Definitely Daisuke. How the fuck did he get made leader? He's annoying, he's stupid, and he has less experience with Digimon than Takeru or Hikari. Maybe if he weren't the leader, he'd be more likable, but since he is the leader, he sucks.
Gnostic Metatron Prime Wrote:Hmm...

Daisuke. Definitely Daisuke. How the fuck did he get made leader? He's annoying, he's stupid, and he has less experience with Digimon than Takeru or Hikari. Maybe if he weren't the leader, he'd be more likable, but since he is the leader, he sucks.

Personally, I thought that the series showed pretty well why he became the leader of the 02 team. It's not like 01 and Taichi, in my opinion. He and Takeru are my least favorite characters in all four seasons of Digimon.

With Taichi, it felt as if an awful lot of effort had to be made to develop his character further than Designated Ass-Kicker - and that it required lots of external influence to do that at points. You say that Daisuke is annoying and stupid, but in my opinion he doesn't even begin to compare with his first season counterpart. I halfway suspect that the creative team (Hongo et al) behind Adventures didn't have much experience with monster trainer shows, and that this inexperience was really showing with the first season and the characters used. However, 02 Taichi is awesome and easily among my favorite characters for that season.

Takeru in 02 just annoyed me to no end, and the American fandom's reaction to TakeHika and Daisuke (another of my favorite characters) definitely did not help things
Whatever. That's YOUR opinion.
the dub ryo, braggart
I feel sorry for dub davis bad dubbing
Gnostic Metatron Prime Wrote:Whatever. That's YOUR opinion.

mmm... yes.

It is, at that. However, don't forget that the post I replied to (yours) is also an opinion.