Join our server on Discord

Not expecting replies
This is a place where you can just rant on and on about stuff nobody cares about, right? Well, this isn't some kind of depression thing, but this is just something I need to say somewhere for myself. Replies won't matter much. This will be free-flowing, saying what comes to my mind. I will not remove anything, so this is all what goes through my head.

My story begins in high school, when for the most part, I considered myself to be straight. I had a good friend there named Tim in every year. We even rode the same bus together every year. Because I was so close to him, he came out to me during Sophomore year as being bisexual (he pretty much recognizes himself as gay now, though he knows he still has some attraction to women). About a year later, because he knew what it was like, I came out to him as being bi as well. During Senior year, I started to become attracted to him, even going as far as love. I wasn't sure that it was love for a while, but after thinking about the things I would do for him, I became convinced. He never returned my affections, but that doesn't matter to me.
After high school ended, however, I was faced with a very grim problem: most friendships in high school end with the school life. I definitely didn't want that to happen. Thanks to instant messengers, I was able to keep in contact with him all the time, and I tried to meet him whenever I could, whether it be at his house or at our local game store. However, when that closed and he was starting to have no time for company, we grew apart.
The game store has reopened since then, and now that he rejects his past obsession with MUD gaming, he went there yesterday. I went there as well, simply to meet him, and I was so happy. It was the first time I had seen him in a long time, and the heart shouldn't be made to suffer so long. I hope that now he has more time available and our meeting place is back, I can see him some more and spend more time with him.
I really don't know if he will ever feel the same way toward me, or if he will even try. Generally, it doesn't matter too much to me, but as I said, the heart shouldn't be made to suffer so long. I want to be with him as much as possible, partly because I love him, and partly because I want him to love me, too. I don't know what to do, though. I know I have to respect his wishes and not take the next move, if there is one at all.
That makes it all the more depressing, though, because he hasn't expressed interest in persuing a relationship with me. There's also a girl that he somewhat likes as it is. :( OH TIM!!!! This cat is being teased by a mouse inside the whole just outside of the cat's reach! The cat wants to get the mouse so badly, but he can never reach it! I NEED YOU TIM!!!
:( As was said in Gravitation, "nothing hurts quite like unrequited love." How true it is. I was in love with Tim for a long time during school, and ended up expressing it because I couldn't hold it in anymore. Maybe I could bring it up during a conversation that happens to be in that direction. I don't know. I hate this. I'm spared more than I was in school because I don't have to face him every day, but I do want to be with him every day. I can't think of anyone else that I'd rather be with every day (though not all day every day, I know that's crazy), not even my ex-fiancee. This is sounding like a marriage proposal now. I probably would like to be married to him. We'd even have a problem then, though, because he doesn't need sex nearly as much as I do. :( :(
I don't suppose I can rant any more and give something new. This is pretty much my dilemma. I just needed to take that somewhere.
I'm not gay but I'm mature enough to know that you need some backing up on this.

:) Go for it. Just go for it. Don't wonder. It will only hurt more and more, everyday you keep thinking about him will twist your heart just a little bit more. Call him, go to his house or you can just hope on fate. If you truely love him don't let anything stand in your way of expressing it, not even doubt. It's easy for me to say this because I'm, more or less, in the same trouble.
I've told this story before if memory serves me right.

Her name is Kiera. We've been friends for 16 years, since she was born pretty much and she lived next door until she moved away about 6 years ago. I've seen her on and off since then but lately i've had an overpowering need just to see her sky-blue eyes and her smile that I remember so well. It's the kind of need that makes you sick sometimes and desprite always. Problem is that she doesn't have a clue to my feelings and I'd be surprised if she didn't just turn her back on me, but I wouldn't blame her. She's so beyond me. She diserves so much better and she could get it if I stay gone. There is a very good chance that I won't get the to tell her before a leave for the marines and after THAT; :( I'm afraid I would have changed so much that she wouldn't even know me. It's choices like these that nearly drove me to suicide a time or two.

Don't think. Feel about this one. Listen to your heart. It can't lie, and a life time is a long time to live with regrets. If you don't want to rush things, fine but when the chance comes, jump head first as hard as you can with both arms reaching and your eyes straight ahead.

Don't be like me and dream but never act.
Thank you very much. I didn't realize until after I posted how much that I really needed someone to talk to about this. If I didn't say it before, though, there's one problem. I've already done as you said. I've told him, he knows, and he's rejected my feelings. All I have is hope now that enough exposure to me will make him comfortable with me. I've even made other gestures about it.
I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh, and he still does. When I stopped, I gave my entire collection to him. All of it. No cost, no demand, just that "if anyone's going to have them, it might as well be you." I can be way too subtle at times, so he probably didn't pick up on that as a romantic gesture. Also, yesterday, while I was playing that baseball game that gives cards every so often (it's been adjusted to several game cards, mostly Yu-Gi-Oh), I gave all my prizes to him, and one of them was pretty valuable. I always try to talk to him if it seems like he's having a problem, even when it was involving his previous boyfriend.
All I can do now is keep myself available to him. I was going to ask out a girl who works with me before this, but now that he's "come back to me," you might say, I don't want to hurt the possibility, however remote.
The heart is an ever changing pace, for good or bad, it will change if the feelings are strong enough.

"Don't give up on it" is the only supportive thing you can trust from me because as I like to believe, miracles come from determination.

It was brave beyond all things humble for you to tell him your feelings so take confidence in that and use it to hold on. You've done something that petrifies me and for that you've earned my respect. Romantic gestures are fine but costly if wasted. Save some for later and use them when you need them. Wink Love IS worth the wait. I've felt but a small touch of it until now and all I have is hope for love from Kiera.

You have a chance, no matter what. There is always a chance.
I know what you're going through. Nothing is worse than having deeper feelings for someone that you're close to and not being able to do anything about them. Well, at least you've tried to do something about them, but I guess that leaves you in a bind. What now?

Well, I don't know. I can only say that I understand. I think I've gone on about this subject before, but for the longest time I had a huge crush on a friend of mine. I'd have gone anywhere with him or done anything for him that he could possibly want. Honestly. Since I last posted that rant, though, I've come to realize that he's not quite the person that I always understood him to be. He claims to take our friendship seriously, but face it: he's madly in love with his girlfriend, looks up to others as mentors and confidants, and has basically regulated me to the position of Nintendo buddy and rent-sharer... but now I'm digressing.

At least you came to understand yourself as being bi while in high school. I sort of wandered around like a robot, absolutely refusing to pursue things I was interested in, refusing to get to know people, refusing to get to know myself, and basically sheltering myself away in my room. Heck, I didn't even jerk off until I was 19, but I'm digressing again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I know what it's like to be bi (or gay, whatever) and to not really be into all sorts of guys, but to just have a tremendously focused affection for just one. When that love isn't returned, it leaves you feeling stranded, unable to move forward, stuck where you are.

Do you know what he's looking for in a guy? Do you know what else he could possibly be looking for in a relationship?

I'd say more but I have to get off this computer now. Don't let it get you down though. You have so much more to experience, and soon this will all make more sense to you.
:shock: You didn't jerk off until you were 19?!?!? All the wasted years.

:) See Organous. Painful love stuff is a common thing but never lose your sense of humor over it, because I do from time to time and I don't like it.
Joking to yourself is a good thing for stress. It takes the edge off and it keeps the fear from winning. My twisted sense of humor saved my life more then a few times, so buck up.

Hope is out there, even for a Digimon-loving, freak-show like me. 8)
zarima: angel of blood Wrote::shock: You didn't jerk off until you were 19?!?!? All the wasted years. )

Hahaha, those years were wasted.. but I didn't start jerking off until i was 18 either :oops: