Join our server on Discord

Invalid_session
Does anyone else have trouble posting on this board? When I'm at my parents' house I never have trouble viewing the board, but occasionally I'll go to post a new topic or respond to a thread, and after hitting "submit", I'll get a screen that does not say that my message has been successfully posted. Instead, it just says:

Invalid_session

Once in a while I find that logging out and logging back in allows me to post messages successfully, but it doesn't work all the time. What causes this and how can I avoid it?
This board was designed to work best with the latest versions of Internet Explorer. So try using that as your browser if you aren't already.

This problem usually happens when the board losses track of you, so if you are writing a long message or away for an extended period of time you might get this error. Also, the server being swamped at certain parts of the day doesn't help much.

And yes, logging in and out will usually fix the problem.
Thanks.
How can you avoid it? Put bluntly, stop using AOL.

More detailed version:
AOL uses Rotating IPs, so it can happen that when you hit "Reply", you have the IP "A", and after you type your message and hit "Submit", you have the IP "B".

That wouldn't be much of a problem in everyday life, but this board generates a Session ID (the long alphanumerical string that you can sometimes see in the URL field) based on your IP address (among other things as soon as you hit the "Reply" button. When you hit the "Submit" button, this Session ID is checked. If your IP has changed between these two times, your Session ID will be invalid. Thus "Invalid Session".

Before anybody here says that this system is crap, I would like to say that AOL is one of the most idiotic ISPs out there for using Rotating IPs.
99% of the normal ISPs use Dynamic IPs (You get your IP when you dial in and keep it until you log off) or Static IPs (You get the same IP each time you dial in).

My suggestion is to copy your posting before you hit the submit button. If something goes wrong, just hit "Reply", paste, and "Submit". Chances are that you keep your IP in that short period of time, so your Session ID remains valid.

EDIT:
Of course, the Session ID doesn't last forever, so Togashi's of course right when he says that you shouldn't wait hours after hitting the "Reply" button ;)
agree with Chibi Rena

I am using Opera and have no probs with it ^^
I use IE6! I usually have no problems.

SaberGatomon said it, and I'll say it again! Twisted