Join our server on Discord

Any good Trading Card Games out there?
Anyone know of any good trading card games that aren't too mainstream, I play Yu-Gi-Oh! and don't want to play magic, I've been thinking .hack//Enemy but I dunno. Any suggestions out there?
Twisted You have now come to a card master. Cards take up a huge part of my life. So huge, in fact, that I'm a moderator for Score's offical Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho card game message boards! Both of these games seem pretty unique to me.

Dragon Ball Z supposedly simulates a battle between two people from the Dragon Ball Z universe. Although heros and villains can't mix, many other weird combinations can occur, such as Vegeta being an ally to Nail or Broly getting help from Frieza (the ultimate Goku grudge team!). Many decks prefer to fight alone with maybe 1 or 2 allies, but there are also decks that actually depend on many allies, such as the Majins, androids, and Cell Jr.'s. The game, though long in duration, is very fast-paced, just like the show (they fight really fast, hit hard, and still continue for hours). The deck is your life, so as you take damage, you lose cards from your deck until you have nothing left and you lose. You'll end up countering your opponent a lot in this game, so if you're the kind of person who likes sudden twists, this is definitely the game for you. There are 6 martial arts styles, 8 unofficially, 10 card types, hundreds of characters, and millions of possible decks. If it happens on the show, you can bet it will happen in the game. You can win by either killing your opponent, collecting all 7 Dragon Balls (similar to Exodia), or just plain intimidating the other guy by being so damn powerful and angry. The only downfall to it is that it seems complex to the newcomer, though as you play, you get more familiar with it quickly.

Yu Yu Hakusho simulates a round of the Dark Tournament part of the show. Teams of 4 or 5 characters line up to win 3 1-on-1 matches against each other. If that sounds confusing, then think of it this way: two people on opposing teams get into a ring, beat each other up, then two more people replace them to beat each other up. This game is more simplistic than DBZ, largely due to the fact that this game is on its first set, so you'll have an easier time learning it. Quite opposite DBZ in speed, the turns are slow-paced while the game overall is fast-paced. Each character only gets 4 points of life, and no matter what the game is, you know that means a short lifespan. There are 7 teams you can use for your team (like Team Urameshi or Toguro) that give you special bonuses for majoring in that team, or you can just go Ronin and make a team with people from all over everywhere. Heros and villains do mix in this game, so imagine Toguro and Yusuke actually making a good team together! Really, they do! Unfortunately, only 3 deck types currently exist: beatdown (crush the opponent), control (control the game overall), and discard (force him to discard his deck), but these definitely will expand as the game moves on.
Legend of the Five Rings, if you like fuedal japan type stuff. There is a lot of strategy involved in games, the cards aren't very expensive, the art is simply gorgeous, and best of all the players who participate in tournaments actually affect the storyline, and future cards that get released. The story has been going for about 7 years, and it just keeps getting better ^^
Thanks, I'm considering Yu-Yu Hakusho right now :D , I like the Shonen Jump comic and the show so the game would be fun! The only thing I'm not sure I like is that the Starter Teams are random in pack
i like magic :(
well... if i had enough money i would play magic: unglued ... hehe... it is a fun/party edition of magic... with cards like... emm... cant remember any... but well... i still like magic... not the new editions but the older...
I'd suggest Pok
Random teams aren't good, I'll give you that. However, starter decks have starter exclusive cards that you can't get in packs, many of them good. Also, only team Urameshi is bad from the starter. The others are good. Ichigaki needs control cards to truly be effective, but it's still a good team even without them. M3 is extremely powerful when put in the right place. Toguro and Rokuyukai are very popular teams, Toguro for its incredible offense and Rokuyukai for its incredible defense (the highest in the game with the team bonus). I currently play Rokuyukai for my big deck.
Of course, you don't have to rely on just what the starter deck gives you for characters. Just get a booster pack or two, and you'll have some replacement characters to work with. Uraotogi's considered to be one of the best for its control abilities, and it's only found in boosters.
Magic: The Gathering is a great game. I've been playing it for 8 years now, and I'm still into it. I'm more into stuff from about Apocalypse and back, but what the hey, some of the newer stiff is still cool, and some is garbage.