Join our server on Discord

Rewrite? Go ahead?
Is it good to rewrite old lemons or just let it be as it was?

I mean, my lemons has grammar errors and lack of descriptions. Do you advice me to rewrite them or just leave them alone? ;D

How to improve my lemons?

Err...still looking for a spellchecker...

Thanks.

Pajiramon stomped Terriermon
Leave them alone.

If you have like, 10 lemons or so done.

Let's predict you have 4 grammar errors and you'd need to add atleast two more detailed descriptions per lemon.

Now, let's predict you have posted them on more than atleast, two forums and one site. This means, you have to fix the same problems and do the same descriptions on every forum and site they are at. And if you would bumb a old topic just to spell tought Ken into thought Ken, people will grumble.

So in short, don't. No one is perfect. Especially, since if they are your older work, you can keep them as example as what you used to be and what you are now. Then you can avoid making the same mistakes again.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Rewrite, sure. In fact, I suggest rewriting it several times before posting it. At least once, set the story aside for a small period of time, say, a week, then rewrite it. At this point, you will have a fresh point of view, and can notice things you woulnd't before.
I agree with what Zenaku said... For new works. Myself, I hardly ever consider anything finished before the sixth draft ^^;;; But where works that have already been published are concerned, I'd have to agree with Big T. Don't rewrite them unless you absolutely absolutely want to.
Oh I see.
Thanks.

It's not called "rewriting". Rewriting is where you start from scratch. You just have to proofread your own work. When you're finished, go back and read each sentence to yourself, slowly, and look for misspelled words, improper comma use, missing capital letters, all that stuff. Seriously, don't just skip it. Get good at it now because people notice mistakes like those and unfortunately will judge you for it the rest of your life, only there will be bigger consequences.

Let's see here:

Quote:Is it good to rewrite old lemons or just let [them] be as [they] [are]?

I mean, my lemons [have] grammar errors and [are not very descrpitive]. Do you [advise] me to rewrite them or just leave them alone? ;D

How [do I] improve my lemons?

Err...still looking for a spellchecker... (Do you have MS Word?)

Thanks.
quicksand_boy Wrote:It's not called "rewriting". Rewriting is where you start from scratch. You just have to proofread your own work. When you're finished, go back and read each sentence to yourself, slowly, and look for misspelled words, improper comma use, missing capital letters, all that stuff. Seriously, don't just skip it. Get good at it now because people notice mistakes like those and unfortunately will judge you for it the rest of your life, only there will be bigger consequences.

Well, Rewriting is not simply starting from scratch. Rewriting could be a change of charater (perhaps writing a parallel from another character's viewpoint), or a change of voice (changing from first-person to third-person) in the process of editing your writing. It could also be inserting new material to improve the story (as in adding descriptions) or removing material that was unnecessary or unrelated to the story (pruning).

Proofreading only corrects errors that are already existing in the story, rewriting allows the addition of new material or removal of entire sections of old material.