Join our server on Discord

My thoughts on "Bowling for Columbine" and the pow
I just recently finished watching Michael Moore's Award Winning Documentry Film "Bowling for Columbine", and it did some eye opening for me, but there was one point that was really made me think, and it involves Canada. From what I saw on the film, the Country above America was praticly it's twin brother, and it includes the violent movies, violent games, and has as much guns as we do, if not more, but still there have so seldom killings, that the Canadian city across detroit had only one killing case within three years, and the killer was a guy from Detroit(most Canadians don't even lock their doors). So what keeps a country that's only a small river away from having even 2% of the killings that happens in just 1 city? I figured that out what it was when the film focus what is seen on Canadaian TV. The news was just about speed bumps and weather, but what do usually see on American Tv(especialy the news shows); "How mear household items are slowly takeing your life away," "How everybody who claims to be your "friend" or "love one" are secretly planing to burglurize you house, kill you, and molest your children" "The people you trust your life savings to could leave you out on the streat "How not leaving in fear for one second in your life can end it!" It's the intense news shows and other stuff we see on our TVs that gets jamed in our face in our lives, that we think our own pets are planning to kill us. I know this is true because I speak from experiance, When I watch news shows, there's like one little short news about something good, and 20 long reports about murder, conspiracies, and kids being beaten like sick dogs. It's news like this that fills up with such fear, and it's also in our comercials; if you don't buy the boogie Bass, everybody will think your a looser." "if you don't use our zit-washing stuff to get rid of your zits, you'll die a virgin" "if you don't buy our matress, your back will be in constant pain till the day you die" Even by the teachers in our schools we get fear forced-feed to us like if you were in the 6th grade and you get a test, and according to your teacher, if you fail this test, you'll be a failer for the rest of your life(acording to what a student said in the film). If you think I'm just saying B.S., well I'll tell you I know this is real because when I watch too much of the news these days, I start to feel depressed and that humans are just bloody savages that will just kill themeselves for power. I see this in some of you, in most of our pollitical topics, I see people nay-saying about the human species itself, and crap like that. I'm not saying it's ultimate and only reason why there is so much violence in America, but being force to consume so much fear into our daily lives seem to play a big role into the violence. Also, there is more to the violence than just fear, but I'm not gonna explain that, just rent or buy the film and watch it yourself to see the other points(trust me it deserved the award).
I'll just say this.

Quote:most Canadians don't even lock their doors

Bullshit man lol, I lock my door everytime I come home, don't ask me why it's just something I do cause there are some fucktards out there. Most of the people who do leave their doors unlocked are like in the middle of bum fuck idaho where someone spitting would be against the law lol.

As for the news...yeah I imagine compared to alot of american news ours is dimmed down alot, but I don't watch it cause it's still filled with reports of how many people died today.

Anyways, yeah I've been waiting to see B.F.C for a while now...looks wicked.

Adios.
Just because you believe it's true doesn't mean it is.

And you basically just repeated everything Manson said in his intereview in the documentary.

Not so sure if that applies with why Canada's murder rate is so low...much smaller population?...meh.

It was a good documentary, but I've heard there are hundreds of essays on the net explaining how he sliced up lot's of key footage, misquoted people, and smudged up dates.

For all we know, those people he did talk to are just some of the few who don't lock their doors.
It's too cold up here. Everytime I try and shoot somebody, my glock's trigger is frozen in place. :x
Anus Individual 20 Wrote:It's too cold up here. Everytime I try and shoot somebody, my glock's trigger is frozen in place. :x

Just throw it at them...

Never worked on Superman, but hell, you may get lucky.
http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/evilibri...s/Exit.jpg

Giznads Wrote:It was a good documentary, but I've heard there are hundreds of essays on the net explaining how he sliced up lot's of key footage, misquoted people, and smudged up dates.

Well the NRA has spent the past year tripping over themselves to discredit Moore and his film, which surely didn't make him very many friends among the powerful gun lobbists.

Add to that his anti-war comments during his Oscar speech, which took place in the first week of the war (correct me if I'm wrong) and riled up the conservative media (MSNBC, Fox News, etc.) against him. Notice that hardly anyone had anything but praise for the film throughout the last few months of 2002 and early 2003. It wasn't until after he won the Academy Award for it and gave that speech that the smear campaign against him began.

If anyone has a link to any anti-BfC essays/articles/sites, I'd like to see them. I just want to see what issues people have with it, because I'm thinking of buying the DVD. So far I've just rented it.