Join our server on Discord

How do you recover files after you preforma a quick format o
I'm not sure if anyone else knows about this or not, but there IS a way to reclaim lost files even after you format your hard drive. What one will need is usually a program or something, that will retrieve the files that one is looking for.

What I need to know is that if anyone has any experience in this area, what would be the best thing to do? I mean, does Windows XP have certain funtions that allows you to restore partial files, or can you go somewhere else and download a file recovery program so as to be able to reclaim the lost inforamtion?
Well, DOS had Unformat. But it only worked if applied right after the format (= if you hadn't copied anything onto the disk after the format).
You could get more info if you googled for "unformat" or "unformat freeware".
That's not exactly helpful. I've got a NTFS (No Fun at All Tolerated) system, so I'm doubtful that will work. :(

Hmm...if only there was a way I could get unrestricted access from "File Restore Plus 3.0" that would be of a big help.
hmm... if i remember right there is a tool called ntfsdos or something that gives you full access to a ntfs hdd using dos... but not sure...