Join our server on Discord

Are you afraid of death?
I've replied in this topic in another board, but what the heck, I can copy and paste...

I think it's a perfectly understandable fear, since it's out of the human imagination's and knowledge's grasp. Me, I'm pretty sure some of that fear is still left in me. Not so much now that I've looked into the fact that the soul is completely seperate from the body, but it's still there.
Seeing as how I paln on taking a vacation from life, I'd have to say no.
I want to die with my pants around my ankles... which pretty much means I'm gonna die on the john, or possibly humping an electric fence.
I don't really Fear death cause I know it will happen!

What I think people are really scared of is HOW you will die and when?

Thats the true reason we fear death.
No matter what we do or how we live we all die eventually
Sort of,i just don't wanna die before I have any kids and when i do die I rather go out old and gray, flame and glory.
I think it is really hard to answer this right now. I mean, at a younger age, it's easy to say you're not woried.

But I can sometimes sympathize with my grandparents or people like that. I mean, it must be really hard to keep living normally when you know you could go at any time I think.
Death is hardly something to worry about, in fact, if a person really wants to frighten me, have them tell me that their going to make me immortal. The way I look at it, death is simply the way out of this miserable stink hole. Every day a person is surrounded by the hoplessly retarted and the mornically ignorant. To top it all off, you've actually got the goverment trying to find new ways to screw you royaly by passing some kind of inane law, or passing a new tax proposal, or some other similar annoyance. No, why be a afraid of death?

I will, however, admit as much as the next person that I am not at all eager for it to arrive too soon. This life I live may not be worth much at the momment, but still, why rush the inevitable? I have no problem with death...provided that at the very least it is somewhere in my 60s or 70s. That way, by that time, I will have had my full of it all and have no regrets upon dying (preferably by natural causes or some unfortunate accident, of course, not by suicide).

Also, as a side-note, I remember reading this poem. May some of you find as much insipiration from it as I did.

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,
Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,
Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.
Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,
And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,
And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then;
One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die
Death should be inspiring, I mean it just goes to prove that nothing is for certain. No matter what choices or decisions you have to make, the different choices all have different outcomes. No matter how you live, you will die. It should inspire you do live how you want to.
The only way I wish to be immortal is to be free of disease, a decent young body (about 30 or 35), and be able to choose when I would leave.

I look at death like this (scientifical approach). If the soul truly does exist, it must be in a form of energy. The laws of energy state that it cannot be destroyed, only changed. So this leads to my theory. Once you die, your soul just leaves a body in this plane, and goes to a new body in a different plane of existance. A little farfetched, but what the hell. I need to stop with the rants.

I'm only going to be afraid of death if I am in the middle of watching an anime series I haven't finished, waiting for a game I want to come out, or anticipating something really cool (like me getting White Hair, I want White hair so bad, it looks so cool).