Join our server on Discord

Perhaps you can clear this up
How did the whole Renamon hting start? I realized i had never seen an actual pic of rena from the TV show (not being a personal fan) so i looked it up. it looked like pretty much every "good" H pic of her ive seen minus all the naughty bits. then I realized, how in the hell did people come up with anthropomorphosizing rena? looking at this pic
http://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/profile.php?mode=activate&u=655&act_key=89f99e
you can clearly see rena is NOT a sexual being and was never itnended to be, yet someone decided to give her tits and a coucher and perhaps a snazy catch phrase and boom rena has an instant following.

now dont get me wrong I love rena, im just confuzed.
also if you've got any tips on drawing her please share, im trying to "get her down"
Yeah, I see what you're trying to say.

By the way, your link just goes to a section of the site that says "Your account has already been activated"
Basically, some people just need to see tits and a "coucher" to get off on anything, and if they're not there, they'll just add 'em.

It is kind of ridiculous. I'm with you in the way that I just prefer characters being drawn in the likeness that they're presented in the series... not that I'm against freedom of speech of hate every attempt to reinterpret a character's physical attributes from time to time. It's just that after a while, what artists end up with is so far removed from the original that I simply can't believe it. It's hard to explain, but that's the best I can do.

If Digimon hentai (and the Digimon hentai community) is going to survive for a few more years, artists and authors should get back to their roots, focusing the characters and their personalities, not just hyper-exagerrating imagined physical characteristics. Explore new dimensions of emotion, relationships, sexuality... don't just make hypersexual fur art. My 2 cents.
Frostbyte v3.0 Wrote:Yeah, I see what you're trying to say.

By the way, your link just goes to a section of the site that says "Your account has already been activated"
ack srry. i thought i had the url of the pic in my clipboard. its basically just a regular pic of rena

but the pics of rena ive seen still look like her original just...sexyer ;)
i just dont know how it all started
Quote:How did the whole Renamon hting start? I realized i had never seen an actual pic of rena from the TV show (not being a personal fan) so i looked it up. it looked like pretty much every "good" H pic of her ive seen minus all the naughty bits. then I realized, how in the hell did people come up with anthropomorphosizing rena? looking at this pic
http://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/profile.php?mode=activate&u=655&act_key=89f99e
you can clearly see rena is NOT a sexual being and was never itnended to be, yet someone decided to give her tits and a coucher and perhaps a snazy catch phrase and boom rena has an instant following.
I can't really understand it myself. I mean, personally, I don't consider Renamon to be very hot. But then again, which of the popular female digimon apart from maybe Angewomon or Ladydevimon really is physically hot? Not many. But yet, some are extremely popular. Think of Gatomon. As indicated by a poll that's currently running in the polls section, she's second only to Renamon in popularity. Now, let's admit it, physically she looks exactly like a cat, which I don't consider a sexy being in the sense that I'd like to fuck it. But what makes her so hot for many people is her character. Remember, when she first enters the scene, she is introduced as a sort of "bad girl" character. After that, she is very quickly revealed to be a victim herself. Both bad girl and victim are stereotype characters in male sexual fantasies. See where I'm going with this? Perhaps it's the same with Renamon. I wouldn't know as I never saw much of Tamers, and the only version available to me is the German one, in which Renamon is male :-p

Quote:If Digimon hentai (and the Digimon hentai community) is going to survive for a few more years, artists and authors should get back to their roots, focusing the characters and their personalities, not just hyper-exagerrating imagined physical characteristics. Explore new dimensions of emotion, relationships, sexuality... don't just make hypersexual fur art. My 2 cents.
Bravo. My opinion exactly.
Well...

Pokemon and Digimon are at the nexus of two different fandoms - anim
quicksand_boy Wrote:Basically, some people just need to see tits and a "coucher" to get off on anything, and if they're not there, they'll just add 'em.
Yeah, because not everybody gets aroused by looking at a wash cloth. :p
Frankly, I'm glad when people add their own touch and experience and wants when they do fanart of other people's characters. Sure, some of the work produced is outrageously freaky or a gross misappropriation of the creator's intention, but it's still fun to make and see. We're people, and if people wanna make inappropriate use of anthropomorphic foxes and obsess over weird stuff, fine by me. I'm not saying that's not potentially a problem, but people are going to do what they want to do. And hey, I wouldn't mind seeing people getting back to the roots of this thing either. As long as it's good, whatever it is, I'll welcome it. And for the record, Rena was already an anthromorph before the boobies and fuzzy clam; she just got "hentai-tized" :p
urban dream Wrote:Remember, when she first enters the scene.
uhh not exactly a watcher of the show myself. so no i dont know...yah
Quote:uhh not exactly a watcher of the show myself. so no i dont know...yah
Well, Gatomon was introduced as an evil character and only became a goodie after a couple of episodes, when she rebelled against her evil master. It was then revealed then that she had been beaten by that master -- Miyotismon -- for years. So Gatomon unites both bad girl and helpless victim, standard characters in the sexual fantasies of many males. I think this explains her popularity, and I think it might be something similiar with Renamon.