Join our server on Discord

Sonic X reviews, opinions and other general garbage...
I set my alarm for 8:30 today, so that I could listen to jazz music for about an hour till I woke up, I came outside to my living room and through on the T.V just in time for the beginning of the new show Sonic X. Now before anyone starts shouting, subs dubs and edits, let me remind you that I don't give a shit lol, we be talking about the recycled show we get over here.

Anyways so yeah, the theme song was just down right not enjoyable, but the show seems pretty good, appearence of Big the cat along with others except for Shadow who has yet to make his appearance. One thing me and my friend paid attention to was the voices, I got a little 1-5 scale going on 5 being the best, and out of all the voices I heard Knuckles suprisingly was the best one, aside from Creme who made a right adorable pop-up into the sonic-verse.

Sonic-3
Knuckles-5
Amy-3.5
Tails-3 (my friend noted he sounds like mary kate and ashley olsen :? )
Robotnik-4
Creme-4.5

I was ticked off with Tails voice actor, but then again I only heard "were gonna crash" so it was sort of hard to hear to begin with. The humans of station square were okay, the cops were funny and had surfer style voices, the stupid "S team" was just annoying and unfortunetly their gonna be around rather long lol.

Well aside from the amount of space I used bitching about it, I suprisingly enjoyed it, the comedy is pretty wacky, the characters are pretty nicely drawn and voiced out, and among other junk lol. So yeah, I'm gonna pay attention but if it somehow turns into a tournament (not likely) or has them talking about how the power of their friendship helped them defeat robotnik (most likely) I'm gonna rip my hair out lol lol Adios ya'll.
Im gonna have to say that the dubbing for it had completely dissapointed me. I was anticipating this release very much, but it certainly let me down. then again, i expected this kind of thing from Fox. the voices were mediocre, and no real outstanding or significant talent at all, just some overused actors that are doing way too much work in so little time. (for crying out loud, wa si the only one who recignized Eddy as one of the police officers?)

Some of the script changes irked me, like them changing Sonic telling kids not to ride on top of moving cars to some "ive gotta find a way out of here" line.

Tails VA was WAY too generic, as well. I'd have to say that Knuckles' VA was pretty good, though.

All in all, it's a pretty medium performance. I really had high hopes for it, however. Ah well.
Meh. It was pretty standard fare. Typical stuff you could see a mile away:

1:Hero from land of alien creatures get transported to our world.

2:Hero finds himself confused and conflicted as to what he or she is supposed to do.

3:Hero makes singular human friend in the human world. Hero must stay hidden from all other humans.

Nothin' to get exited about so far, but maybe something cool will happen later.
It's better than tournament based shows where people learn that friendship is the way to win lol...if ya can't tell, I don't like Yugi-oh, and Megaman is even worse lol.
Aw, I missed it. Kind of impossible not to, since the TV in our apt. isn't even working...gotta get on that.
Yeah, it sounds like something that needs to be done, sort of like getting a bullet wound looked after lol.