Join our server on Discord

Gnostic Ranting
'Kay. Just a few things I need to get off of my chest:

1. Who went and deleted my "Things You Will Never Hear on 'Digimon'"?! And why was it deleted? Honestly, that really pisses me off. It was a fun topic, and I don't think there was anything offensive in it (or at least, there wasn't anything that insulted anyone on this board). And don't no one say that my topic was simply bumped off, because there are still those old "VeeGato" debates left over from God knows when.

2. Why is there only one page each of space in the "Random Chat" and "Digimon Chat" sections?

3. This one still infuriates me to no end. Why is it that my art can get over 50 views, but so few of these people actually leave some sort of comment? And hell, 2 of the comments in my last art topic were just spam (and one was a pointless criticism). And meanwhile, there are more comments in Prophet's "Reunion Day" topic than there are pictures. And I know I'm not the only artist who has felt this way. It's been a long-running complaint. And I know that it isn't Prophet's fault. He's a good artist, and he deserves the praise that he gets, and he doesn't brag about his talents. Which is why this problem is so stupid. People simply need to comment more. Why the hell can so few people here do such a fucking simple thing as comment?!
Amen.
The truth is out there.

[size=2]\"Palmon, please help me before they pierce my manhood!\" Patamon shouted painfully.

Ruhe Wrote:The truth is out there.

What?

What the hell is the truth?

This is your response to nearly 50% of the rants people post on this topic. Shut the hell up already -_-

The answer to this post is simple. If you draw what people want, you will achieve a fanbase over time. If you draw unusual stuff, you just aren't going to get as much interest. Regardless of what you do, it takes time for anyone to appreciate it.

I know this just as much as anyone, even in writing you run into barriers when your main subjects are unusual pairings and female patamon.
Yeah man, not having much of a fan base is something ya just gotta deal with not to be rude or anything there...like heck, I draw my furry characters and I show people, might not get the replies I want but it doesn't hold me back....and heck I often think on some level that seeing all the replies for say proh and acchan's work just makes me strive harder to be a better artist.

Sorry if that ain't exactly what you were looking for in a reply but it's my way of shedding some light on the whole thing.
Exactly. Why does everything have to be a comparison? I mean, there are advantages to not being on top of a mound of fanboys. You can do whatever you want. If people don't like it, you lose nothing. You don't have to live up to people's expectations.

Just be happy with what you have, I say. You may not have as many fans, but when people do start noticing you, at least you know they appreciate what you like drawing, and not the fact you're drawing what they want to see.