Join our server on Discord

... y'know.
Many people have complained that Davis in the US dub is far suckier than Daisuke in the original.

Actually, that's not quite the case. Davis is rather closer to Daisuke than that - it's just that the other characters were written as being more unpleasant towards him in the dub than in the original. The most classic example of that is the Azulongmon episode where, after Davis said something in farewell, Azulongmon said something like "Despite Davis, I wish you all well."

I remember just how staggered I was by that line and the reaction to it at Megchan's. I don't remember any other examples of this just now, but I think the 02 dub is going to be re-aired soon on ABC Family and I'll probably watch it and relay more examples as I see them.
hmm, wrong dubbing can change everything, and make characters hatred.
Davis is a sucker in the German dub, too... and I think, he sucks overall, totally, in any dub Twisted
poor Veemon.
LadyDevimon Wrote:Davis is a sucker in the German dub, too... and I think, he sucks overall, totally, in any dub Twisted

I'm really not inclined to take your opinion seriously - especially not when any male character is involved.
Among all male characters, Davis really sucks.

Poor Veemon.

"Gatomon, help me!" Veemon cried painfully.

Gatomon returned the camera to Kari, "I'm coming!" She shouted back.

"Good, I finally captured a picture where Veemon being tortured. I can use this picture to blackmail Davis." Kari thought.
Well, he is the lead hero of 02 and he did get all the CG digivolving sequences, so maybe everyone else was just jealous bitches.
Ruhe Wrote:Among all male characters, Davis really sucks.

Poor Veemon.

... that's fine if you do. I don't really care one way or the other.

It's important to remember that if there were any changes in personality in the dub of 02, it wasn't just on Davis.

After all, TK is reputedly a bigger asshole than Takeru. I'll have to watch the 02 dub again though for more.
What's wrong with Davis? I quite like him. TK, on the other hand, I find quite boring. And Cody... Well. He just doesn't count. That makes Davis the best male character from '02 -- for me, at least.
Well, to tell you the truth, I was starting to warm to Davis near the end. I really was. But then he was at the center of the Biggest Plot Contrivance Ever, and all that respect went right out the window.