Join our server on Discord

Kharon's October Contest: With Submission INFO
This KA back again to run up the next listed contest official for the D-A-D. I decided to give everyone a little break here so y'all can rest your brains and fingers for the month of September without worrying about a deadline on a contest.

I don't want anyone to feel pressured, but more involvement on these contests would be great, especially during the tail end of the year. I know it's hard after Halloween when you're out spendin' time with the family, but I'm planning a big Christmas Contest already, and I feel like I might do a Thanksgiving cotest too, for all you turkey day observers.

So let's roll out the fine print and open up the details for the 2003 D-A-D Halloween Fic Contest!

Tamers Tragedy Contest

The goal of this contest is simple -- Write a tragedy set in the Digimon Tamers continuity with no fan-made characters. It can be yaoi, yuri, crossbreeding, or straight human/human as far as the pairing. It can also involve any sorts of play and games, but it must be a tragic story. In literary terms, a Tragedy means that the hero or heroes die. In the terms of this contest, a Tragedy is a story in which the couple is broken apart against their wills, whether through death, moving, or other conditions.

An example of a Tragedy that would be completely in the series would be Juri/Leomon during the Digital World, where they are separated by Leomon's death. Though this is valid, it is suggested against as it's a bit too obvious.

The entries do not need to be lemons, so long as they are a good tragedy. All entries must be at least 5 pages in 12 point Times New Roman when loaded in Word, and no more than 20 pages. Entries slightly longer than 20 pages will be taken on my approval.

Judges

Thanks to Togashi and Outlaw Torn for their help on the August contest, but for this contest I'd like a panel of four judges, plus myself. These judges may enter the contest, but can not judge their own entries. The judge's identities will be kept anonymous until their results are in, so that entrants cannot pester them or influence the results.

Rewards

There will be only one winner for this contest, and that author wll receive the best prize ever. No, not really. They will win a request one-shot story or mini-series from me. This may contain lemons, but is not limited solely to lemons.

There will be credit and congratulations to all other entrants in the contest, but no rewards.

SCORING

SEMANTICS - Typos, punctuation, and things that make the story a little less readable are SEMANTIC issues. This accounts for 20% of the score.

STORY - This covers Character Development and Plot, and counts for 50% of the final score.

LEMON - Because this story is a tragedy, and I'm not even requiring it to be a lemon, the Lemon Scene only gains up to 15 BONUS POINTS. These will only increase points to the 85 point limit for this contest, and will not improve a story already at 85 points.

QUALITY - How well the story flows, this is unrelated to SEMANTIC issues. This includes how well the story segues from the main plot to the Lemon Scene, and accounts for the final 15% of the score.

This totals to 20+50+15+15, or 100. The winner will be based on the total number of points they get, and in the event of a tie, by the highest totalled STORY score (followed by Quality, Lemon, and then Semantics). In the event both stories score evenly in everything, they will both be the winner.

SUBMISSION INFO

Send all entries to Kharon Alpha - KharonAlpha [AT] HotPOP.com - and they will be distributed to the other judges from there. Entries are now being accepted as it is October 1 (or later) in my time zone. Entries must be emailed, must have a Subject line of "October 2003 Contest", and must contain the author's pen-name [ie: Kharon Alpha] and the story title [ie: Chocolate Roses] in the message body. For an example, see below:

Subject: October 2003 Contest
Body:
Author - Kharon Alpha
Title - Chocolate Roses

[attachment of the file; .DOC, .HTM or .TXT only]
I'd like to be a judge, if that is OK.
What about the "only new and previously unposted stories" bit from the August contest?
Well of course it's still "only new and unpublished", I figured that goes without saying for a contest. After all, almost all of Ruhe's stories fit the contest since someone dies, is thrown in jail, they're forced to... well, you get the picture.

No point making one contest 'new and unpublished entries' and another not. Besides which, it's not really fair to have one person enter something that everybody has read before while others are using new work.
Sounds like this contest is created for me. *smiles evilly*

Thanks Kharon.

He squeezed his tentacle
figures you'd like it, Ruhe ^___^. In fact, it seems %100 right up your alley.

Once again Kharon, can I be a judge?
*wants to be a judge, too*

^_^

agz
Damn, I was gonna join with my Rika Renamon Suicide Rape Lemon Tragedy story but it's already out there so I think I'll just pay some attention instead....good luck with the contest.
Hmmm, well, I actually have a question that may be slightly pointless but I'll give it a shot. After the contest is over, do the other entrants that did not win or perhaps if there are any observers, the observers or entrants, do they get to read the winning lemon too? I'm not entering this contest, Tamers aren't me, and a Tragedy? Aaargghhh, that be a tough one and with school and my other writing projects, I'll be an observer, I wanna find out who wins this one. He/She 's gotta have some skill to pull this one off right. I mean anybody can basically write a story, but it won't necessarily be a good story so whoever wins this one has obviously got great writing skills. Anyway, good luck to all you entrants and hopefully Kharon Alpha will answer my questio which seems like a dumb question to me but I just got back from 10 days on a farm with no comp and a very stubborn grand father so my brain has suffered some damage which is under repair.
Kharon.. I may not be able to judge this contest. Sorry.