Join our server on Discord

I need some help with a CD drive.
I'm not sure why, but I've tried to install several different programs from a CD, but on certain programs I keep getting a message that goes as follows:

Setup is unable to decompress and copy all of the program files needed to proceed with the installation. Contact your software vendor.

Error 112

I'm not sure why some programs can be installed into my computer while others can't, the only thing I know is that this problem first started when I formated computer so I could install Windows 98, and then latter I installed Windows XP. So far I have deleted the folder that contained the Windows 98 OS.

Figuring it might be just a general hardware error, I first uninstalled BOTH of the CD drives, restarted, used plug-and-play, and still the same problem happened. Does anybody got any advice on what I can do to solve this problem? Also, in case some of you think it's because of a scartched/damaged CD, it isn't. I've actually got this message before with freshly obtained CDs from the store.
Have you tried going to Microsoft Support (http://support.microsoft.com/)?
They've helped me on several occasions.
Find out the make and mdel of your CD crives, and download drivers for them off of the manufacturer webpages.
I've tried to find drivers for both of the drives, but all I get is just info about their write speed, buffer, ect.

I've already tried to use several different search engines in order to find the correct drive for each device, but so far I've had no luck. The model numbers of the devices goes as is:

_NEC CD-RW NR-9100A

HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8481B

If anybody knows where I can find a driver for either of these, I'd appreciate it. Until then, it looks as if I'll be running around in circles until then.
Think maybe it could be that virus everyone is talking about? The LoveSan, or Blaster or something?
Nah, I actually went to Dell's support website the other day, and it turns out that all that was wrong is that I had to delete some stuff out of my temporary folder. @_@

Yeah, I never would have thought of it either, but apparantly it fixed the problem.