Join our server on Discord

Blackout Victims
We here in Quebec didn't get hit, but my borther was supposed to have left back for Vancouver on a flight that interlays in Toronto. So that got delayed, and now I gotta put up with that asshole for another couple of days.
Just a little update on the power failure news: it wasn't caused by heat wave, it wasn't hot enough. THe report of lightening strike was also false as is the fire in New York. They did notice that the power transmission that runs around Lake Erie between Michigan and New York had strange behavior just before the blackout hit. Before, there were about 300 Megawatts flowing from west to east but then suddenly the flow reversed direction and reached 500 Mw. Something happened on the west end of Lake Erie (Michigan and Ohio) that caused the unusually heavy drain on the power lines. No one has any idea why that happened.

Complicating the matter are those transmission lines were new when black & white TV were in use. Today, almost every house has big color TV, computer (sometimes more thna one) and other power guzzline appliances but those power lines were virtually unchanged. So until the power lines are upgraded to handle higher capacity, more blackout like this one can still happen.
I say fuck blaming countries, we're all okay, even though it's still a mystery fuck it...no point to it.
I agree with darkfox....and another thing - i have heard about 8 different stories from radio, tv, and the internet. I think it was just a accident and no ones to blame...except maybe the people decided not to listen to the warning the government made about a week ago about trying to conserve energy :roll: but who cares lets just get on with our lives and pretend that it never happened (but we all know the gov. isnt gonna do that)
THANK YOU, YOU MYSTERIOUS SON OF A BITCH!!! :D

lol, sorry about the caps but yeah, I'm tired of all these country blaming rumours coming around, it's over and it's all good.