Join our server on Discord

*stuffs face in a pillow and screams*
... o_o okay, this is more about myself than anyone else... but I just HAVE to get it out T__T sorry if it sounds selfish/bragging/anything weird...

GAWD I am so sick and freaking tired of people going up to me and saying they suck at art because they think Im better than them >____<;;!! I freaking suck myself, but nooo... all of these pathetic crapheads approach me and say that they have to do better than me, oh how they cant surpass me, Im too young to be better than them--I mean, what the hell?! Talk about low motivation...

I'm supposed to be flattered by what these guys say, Im supposed to feel that Ive gone somewhere these guys havent, but I just dont feel this way. Im just helluvah enraged. I thought about stopping my work, quitting, but I know from the bottom of my heart I just wont be able to do that. Im not asking for advice... its just this gets on my nerves -_-; Just wanted to shout that out.
My first response to something like that would be flattery, I think. But if like the same person came up to me and kept doing it, then it'd be time to pull out teh magnums and let loose. Just like tell em that they suck and thats it, and to go away. :P

You shouldn't get so frustrated though, I wish my net hadn't been yanked so I could talk with ya about this, but theres PM on the board and stuff, as well as email, remember to check that btw.
XD The magnum thing is how I feel right now. And really, I dont have the courage to tell them they suck, and I WONT tell them they suck because they dont! ee All of them are so freaking good it's almost ironic that they try to 'surpass' me. When I started oekaki and CGing, gawd, I looked up to every single one of them. Now they are all o__o;; saying they stink.

Really, they're my heroes.

... that cant save themselves.

e_e; It's getting to my head. This sucks. I suck. Whee.
Just tell them to practice harder.
Don't let it get to you. Everyone who writes, draws, plays music, or does anything remotely creative in a public sphere is going to draw a wide variety of responses from their peers. Enjoy their complements and take their criticism with a grain of salt, and learn from it when you think they're onto something.

As for these wackos, just tell them straight up "Look, this isn't a contest so from now on let's not worry about who's better. Let's just enjoy each other's work and learn from it and move on." Don't let such silly comments get you down. It would be ridiculous to let something like that stop you from creating, especially if it's something you really love to do.
Anyone who ever does something for the public eye will be critizied by someone. Don't let those jackasses get to you, keep doing what you doing, and people who enjoy what you do, will enjoy having more from you.