Join our server on Discord

Poll: The DaD and the DHZ are planning to merge within the next few weeks. Do you think that should happen?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
53.33%
8 53.33%
No
46.67%
7 46.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DaD / DHZ-Merge: What's your opinion?
The Digiartistsdomain and the Digimonhentaizone are planning to merge and become the "DigiHentai Network" (DHN). I'm not sure how many of you know this already, considering the fact that a lot of people don't seem to be sure what the DHZ is. But it's a fact. I found out about it a couple of hours ago when browsing through the DHZ message board. At first I thought it was a great idea, all cool, but then I started reading the reactions of the DHZ-users and quickly changed my mind. Sonimon explained how the new site would be run: "Basically like a big DHZ with Togashi paying for it". He also added: "If any of the DaD-Mods behave like dicks, they'll be de-modded." Add to that the fact that they all seem to hate the DaD for some reason -- don't know why, it surprised me -- and you've got trouble.

Now, personally, I've never felt very "at home" at the DHZ. I like how it's run, it's very efficient, really quite cool, but I never enjoyed reading stuff on the message board there. Don't know why, but it's all sorta dull. This page, on the other hand, I more or less love. I've been visiting it for years, so it's got tradition for me, and it was always the right place to go to for a wank and a laugh. Loads of free pr0n on the site itself and funny people on the board. Now I'm afraid that, with the merging of the two pages, all this will be lost. Personally, I think it's a bad idea. Personally, I don't want a giant DHZ. I want the DaD. And, judging from the posts at the DHZ board, they don't want anything to do with the DaD either. Most of them more or less seem to hate us. I mean, I know that the DaD is in trouble, not having been updated in months 'n stuff, but there are other ways to solve these problems.

Surprisingly, there seems to have been very little reaction on the merging plans here. That's why I created this post: To find out what you guys think. Am I on my own with my opinion? Am I making an idiot with myself with this post?

Something else I just spotted: The DHZ news page says that Togashi is having second thoughts and will make his decision on Sunday. I take that as a good sign.
I wouldn't worry, I think Toga has pretty much made up his mind already.

Everyone here knows of the DHZ, and the DHN, is old news. We just don't dwell on it. Don worry, it will all be okay ^_^

Toga will not be used and simply made a person who simply pays for the site. Despite what Soni says. Toga's in control, don worry ^^

Just treat rumors as rumors, and you'll be fine. DHZ can say what they want, it's their right, free speech man. But kinda have to wonder why they keep ranting about this.
Simply put I always choose to do what's best for the site. This isn't just about me, it's about everyone who's ever added to or helped this site in any way. So I always leave my mind open to all options.

In the case of the merger, I know that in some ways, it could be helpful. I am still deciding what the best choice is.

As for the condition of the DaD, you will find the next few days very....enlightening.
:D oh great togashi always caring for everyone on DAD... you rock man :D.....

On topic: I'm not that crazy about DHN but.. i'm not gonna be able to see it if you said few weeks scince i'm going to the philipenes (argh can't spell today ><) on the 12 ><
I've been in the initial blazes of the Merger Thread, and (as most of you should know by now) I'm against the merger.

But I trust Togashi 8)
Gee urban dream, that post was completely unbias. Not sure what messages you were reading, but I'm pretty sure not everybody at the DHZ hates the DaD. Sure, there's some people who do have a problem with the people at the DaD, but they do for their reasons. And from what I've read, there's people from both sides that aren't thrilled about the merge. Maybe you should wait until the merge happens before speading any propaganda. I'm confident that the merging will produce something that is niether the DaD or DHZ, something that will hopefully be better than either could be alone. It's not wrong to prefer the DaD to the DHZ, but don't try to set any false images of the DHZ or the notion that nothing will good will ever come of something that hasn't even happened, or possibly never will.
Heh, yeah. Neko would know. Wink

Sure, the first reaction of the DHZ may be what you're said. But now what everyone there understands what's going on, they're accepted it. I really don't see any problems now.
I never really knew anyone at the DHZ, so I'm kinda looking forwards to he merger and meeting these new peeps!
.... >.<, I never heard of this untill I saw this topic. I gotta get my head out of the RPG more often.

But I'm sure it wont be half bad when it gets merged, I only hope that there wont be feuds between the former members of the respective boards
Quote:Gee urban dream, that post was completely unbias. Not sure what messages you were reading, but I'm pretty sure not everybody at the DHZ hates the DaD.
I didn't say that. I said most of them. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but that was simply the impression I was getting.

Quote:Maybe you should wait until the merge happens before speading any propaganda.
I wasn't. I was merely stating my opinion and asking what others think.

Quote:I'm confident that the merging will produce something that is niether the DaD or DHZ, something that will hopefully be better than either could be alone. It's not wrong to prefer the DaD to the DHZ, but don't try to set any false images of the DHZ or the notion that nothing will good will ever come of something that hasn't even happened, or possibly never will.
Well, I really wasn't trying to do any of these things. I really wasn't. I mean, I admitted that the DHZ was being run much better than the DaD, didn't I? And I never said that "nothing good will ever come out of the merge". I believe the merger would have created a site that would have been much better than the DHZ and the DaD are now. It was the board I was concerned about. I think the people could have gotten along pretty well, but how would the new board have been run? More like DHZ, which is more or less anarchy (I don't mean that in the negative sense though) or the DaD, which is all pretty controlled? And wouldn't there have been too many mods? Stuff like that got me nervous.

Quote:Just treat rumors as rumors, and you'll be fine. DHZ can say what they want, it's their right, free speech man. But kinda have to wonder why they keep ranting about this
I don't rely on rumors. If anybody else had said all the stuff about "A DHZ with Togashi paying for it" I would have ignored it, but the fact that Sonimon himself said it made it sort of more official, if you know what I mean. I mean, I don't mind him saying it -- free speech, agree with ya there -- but it worried me.

Quote:I wouldn't worry, I think Toga has pretty much made up his mind already.

Quote:Don worry, it will all be okay ^_^
Quote:As for the condition of the DaD, you will find the next few days very....enlightening.
OK, that all sounds pretty reassuring. And, looking at the DaD's new logo, I feel pretty enlightened already ^_^

Oh, and one more thing. If the two sites really would have merged, I would have gone along with it and would have continued posting to the new board. It's just that I was pretty sure the new board would have had a hard time during the first few months of its existance. I've seen shit like that happen before, if only on a much smaller scale. But I trust Togashi. Anyone who can create a site and keep it online, advertising-free and this popular for over three years (which is more than the average lifespan of your average hentai site) must know what he's doing, even if there aren't very many updates.

Peace.