Join our server on Discord

Question about the second season.
When they aired the second season on Fox Kids in America, did they cut any episodes out of it? I'm wondering this mainly because Daemon said he would return, but never did and the thing in the Lake of Darkness was never identified.
Those would be chalked up to the Kiss of Death for most storylines; Plot Holes.
There's one scene I can think of that were deleted: the pissing scene. The Digimon that was pissing was interrupted by Davis and he ended up getting chased everywhere. But in the end, XV-mon was able to defeate it and it ended up washing his hands after all.

In the American series, it just simply never made any sense why the Digimon had to wash his hand. That's because most of us never got to see the pissing scene.
that's bad because that is a really funny scene, that scene wasn't cuted in the spanish version (Mexico more especifically) even in Fox Kids Mexico that scene was aired. :D
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
LMAO!! I never knew that. That's hilarious. I think the Digimon was Tortoisemon.

Damn, so they never did cut any episodes. Dammit, I wanted to see a fight between the digimon and Daemon. Daemon rocks. I'm surprised they didn't change Daemon's name in America mainly because a daemon is a demon (just the archaic spelling).
yeah a fighting scene with Demon is really missed.
Blackwargreymon Lover Wrote:I think the Digimon was Tortoisemon.

The digimon's name is Tortomon.

Quote:I'm surprised they didn't change Daemon's name in America mainly because a daemon is a demon (just the archaic spelling).

His name was Demon, it was changed to Daemon. And while daemon are a classification of demon, the name has been used for other purposes that aren't demonically linked. And most parents won't know about the connection to demons, let alone their children.
Well, in Japanese, Arukenimon pronounces it "Day-mon" rather than 'dee-mon'

And I think there's two more cut scenes in 02:

When Ken and Matt are in Mexico, the guard pulls a gun on them to get them to go away.

When Oikawa/MaloMyo is draining the Dark Flower from Noriko, Cody charges him and gets smacked. I have NO idea why they cut this, as earlier in the season, Cody was about a second from being *impaled*, yet they cut him being slapped?

Oh, and they cut some scenes with Aru beating on Mummymon, but I think it may have been for time, as they could show her doing the exact same things to him in other times...
Daemon's name: Daemon is more accurate to how it was originally intended, since the Japanese literally romanized "de-e-mo-n", which indicates a long sound from the "e" which is like an English "long A". If we'd jus kept it De[e]mon, english speakers would think it's "demon", and lead to a whole huge religious controversy over the show.

Ken & Matt in Mexico: Guns are a big no-no on American TV, especially in the hands of animated humans on a children's show like Digimon. We don't like violence, so we avoid showing things that indicate it, such as real peple with guns. People who aren't real can have guns (ie: Mummymon) but not real humans.

Oikawa slapping Cody: We can't show human adults hitting human children, that would send a bad message to the kids that it's okay for their parents to hit them. Matt can sock Tai a good one on the jaw, because their kids, but an adult can't hit a kid, that would be abuse. As for the impaling sequence, there was a Digimon doing it, not a human.

Arachnemon/Mummymon: No doubt it was for time, but these cut scenes never come back... not even if Disney released all of 02 on DVD.

Other Cut Scenes:

Tortomon - As mentioned, Tortomon was taking a piss when Daisuke and V-mon first ran into him. This was cut (ostensibly) because, well, it would be considered bad taste to show something like that in a kid show.

Offhand I can't think of any other major (or overly minor) cuts from 02, though I know of a good few in Season 1.
I never would have guessed they did something to season 1. What exactly did they do to it?