Join our server on Discord

What is your "fantasy life."
I've been doing some thinking about the "Glass Menagerie." For those of us who have read it, you will know that the main character, Tom, had a sister who was sort of absorbed into her glass collection of animals because she just could not handle even the slightest issues of being social with others (which is one way to explain her shyness).

After reading something about her "fantasy life," I suddenly realized that they are a lot of people who does the same thing she does, that is they somewhat exist in a world that their mind has created for them. One such of my "fantasy life" is mainly dirvited from a seven year span that mainly consumes 2nd through 9th grade.

From 2nd to 9th, I was constantly picked on by just about EVERYBODY, even if all I was doing was trying to finish an assigment the teacher gave me to do. I had few friends, school was nothing more than a chore even without all the work you had to do, so in short, I was just plain miserable. The only place I could turn to for relief was my family, and also a couple of teachers.

So, thanks to what has happened, my perspective on life is somewhat darker than others. I view life as nothing more than something that is a complete waste of time, and even if for a brief amount of time you should attain a status that will put you at the top of the world, it will all be taken away by death. So, basically, all that's left to do is just bide one's time until the day of his departure arrives. THIS, in a way, is my fantasy life. While it may seem dark, they're is also a flip side to it.

I guess the flip side would mainly what accounts for my "morbid" sense of humor. I actually try to find humor in death. I guess that's where I come up with such quotes such as "the best thing about life is that if you don't like it, you can always leave. That said, if anyone needs me, I'll be on top of the roof."

This is of course all said in jest, hardly any real truth put into it, but still, all the same, I am able to put together a vision of life so as to resemble something that is so sad because it is futile at it's best, and yet, to be so funny at the same time because it's futility is also the source of it's comical aspects.

So, in short, my "fantasy life" is somewhat of a morbid/comical existence.

So, now that I've relayed my life's fantasy, what is yours? Good, bad, we all have some sort of fantasy to live in.
Very few topics on the message boards I go to nowadays interest me enough to post in them but this one, along with few others, I will post in to share my thoughts on.

Hindsight being 20/20 my fantasy life my mind makes for me consists of myself making different descisions, having more self-confidence and having a better, happier life, while not perfect I cant help but wonder these what if questions I ask myself all the time, I don't do it anymore since I'm more mature to try to make the best descisions, but I still think about it and dream this life in bed.

I was an extremely immature person emotionally, my emotional maturity lagged behind my physical maturity greatly and I acted like a kindergartner until middle school and like a small child until late middle school and I now surpassed my peers in the capacity a few years ago. I threw terrible fits and almost got expelled a few times. My guidence counselors mistook this for retardation and I was subjected to the humiliation of resource classes until high school.

Now that I'm graduated and looking forward to college in september I look back and all I ever wish for is a bit more maturity, a bit more self confidence, and making different choices. I often picture myself with a job I took over a year ago rather than turned down instead of a hellish convience store job in which I got fired from, with my first car rather than having to suffer with a pice of shit Cavilier before my Intrepid was bought. With a steady gf or two instead of having relationships which barely lasted a week, maybe even had gotten laid perhaps.

I know I can't change the past, but knowing what could have happened puts things in perspective, especially if something bad happened and know it could have been worse. Now that I'm a mature adult (Maybe, I'm 18) I know I can make the desicsions I think are best with clarity and confidence.
My fantasy life is the world I create while drawing. In high school, I was so-so in the social ranking, so I pretty much focused on a comic called "Stickman" which is about a character who was a homocidal nutjob who killed various celebrities I didn't like.

Nowadays, I'm trying to focus on creating a strip where I can A) make money B) enjoy it.

Oh, and I wanna be Spider-Man. And fight crime. TWIP!
Two words.

World Domination.
Well... my fantasy would be to be a child again. No responsibility, all the free time I could stand, etc.

I don't smoke, I don't buy lottery ticket, and I hardly drink alcoholic beverage so it won't be a loss if I do revert to pre-teen level. All I'd miss is the right to driving anything on public road.

I guess I wished to be a kid again was because I didn't have much of a childhood, having spent too much time in the library and too much time with computers through Elementary school to High school. Yes, they had computer when I was little. It was the then new and very advanced Commodore PET with a whopping 2K RAM, a cassette player that saved and loaded program faster than punch card and had standard typewriter keyboard rather than a buch of switches. LOL
I'm not sure if I'm understanding the topic or not. I know I have a lot of defense mechanisms I use so I don't have to deal with things in the world but I'm not sure if that's what you're getting at or not.

I've actually given a lot of thought to this, and concocted a few scenarios that I would gladly trade my currently life for in a heartbeat. I commonly go back to instances in my childhood and school years, and consider how my life would have gone different if I had taken a different turn or made different decisions. For example, I had a friend in middle school that I found myself strangely attracted to. He moved away in 9th grade but actually came back during my senior year. He was actually attending a different school at the time but was enrolled in a computer course at my school with a few other out-of-district students. I was in that class and over the course of that year I got to know him all over again and he was as wonderful as I had remembered him being back in middle school.

He was really affectionate to me but I never really knew how to interpret his actions. Either that, or I was too mortified by the thought that if I ever tried to let him know about my feelings for him, well, I'd start down a course that would lead me straight to hell. Either way, I wasn't too bright back then so I didn't take advantage of the fact that he was back in my life. At the end of the year I think he said goodbye to me and I was kind of dumbstruck as he left the classroom. I never got his number or asked him if he wanted to hang out during the summer or anything. I was too scared. I still think about him to this day and I imagine all the things we would have done together. Was he gay? Honestly, I don't know, but since when has that stopped anyone from fantasizing about a boy they like?

I think about other stuff too. I wish I hadn't quit Tae Kwon Do. I wish I had stuck with playing the guitar. I wish I had gone to a different college. I wish I would have stood up for what I believed more. It goes on and on. Now I'm so wrapped up in those thoughts that I really can't seem to move forward in my life. It's really frustrating.

But if you really want my fantasy life, well... I'm 16 and I'm homeless, living in a city with my boyfriend who's about the same age. We squat in abandoned buildings, occasionally getting to stay in people's homes. He draws manga art for money. I'm a professional breakdancer. We spend our days skateboarding down steep hills, holding each other by the beach, and sneaking into concerts. Later we become artists or a rock band or something. There's a million variations on the theme, but the most common thing about it is just being younger than I am now and having the chance to relive a period of my life that I feel like I wasted. Anyway, it's about a million degrees removed from where I am now, so dwelling in fantasies like that isn't going to do me any good.

If you want to get really wierd, I guess I wouldn't mind being a Digidestined. That would be cool.
Mrrr. Dream life?

Heh, I'm tired and don't want to type out everything... soooo...

My dream life basically consists of waking up one morning, and being god. That concept is just overly enticing to me... ultimate power. The ability to wipe entire continents from the face of the planet without so much as a second thought... and bring them back just as easily. With that kinda power... I could... just... do everything I've ever wanted, and nobody could question me. So kinda my thing is I'd like to have the power to do what I want. I want to be able to do whatever, and not have to worry about the consequences because there are none. Freedom through control, y'know?

I just... think it'd be cool. But yeah, that's the basics of it. I want ultimate power, control over every variable in every situation. Now, as to what I'd -do- with that kind of power... well if I ever get it, you'll find out REAL fast. Twisted
At long last people that I can understand and that can understand me. My fantasy life is quick interesting I find for me that is.

I'll start by quoting The Infamous Boss Reo:

"Two words: World Domination"

Then I'll continue it by saying World Domination only after working my ass to get it and then becoming a god, not the God but a god, being worshipped by the world, having power beyond imagination before being killed by some jackass and to be remembered for all eternity as the Greatest Being alive. That's what my fantasy life is like, currently in it seeing as it is with me everyday of my life and certain parts of it are inspired by real life events in my life, I'm currently a business mogul with a company spanning the globe and that has been invested into nearly every industry possible and me being world's richest man as well as very generous, having been married twice with five kids and being single now so I can sleep with whom ever I want and I'm about 40 I think. I ahve also just recently written what is currently being considered the greatest book of the 21st century and am an Oscar nominated actor. I'm also doing everything I can to prevent Global Warming and so on, so on. I also have the uncanny ability to draw really, really good cause in the real world I can't draw reall really good, I can only write pretty good. There, that's my fantasy life. Also, in it i've jsut reitred from a fantasy baseball league. The End.
The Infamous Boss Reo Wrote:Two words.

World Domination.

I gotsa go with Reo there,
well i got 2 and there pretty different.

no.1 is just continueing to live in a comfortable rut. not much change, average income, probably a wife and two kids, and of couse time for anime/hobies/etc. it's not exciting but i'd be happy.

The other involves dimensional/time travel and contains romance, battle, power, deception, death and the mysteries of life. ends with me being allpowerful and hudreds of thousands of years old, whilst still looking not a day over 24.