Join our server on Discord

I Just Love You ~REBORN AND UPDATED~
Please, Urban, try not to catch the thread on fire. ^_^;;; *puts out flames with fire extinguisher*

Funny, how the reader interest is dropping. I blame...the WRITER!

...shit, that's *me*.

...*fuck*.

Anyway--Aniron, yes, swords are allowed. But only rubber swords. Or possibly aluminum. Take your pick. ^_^;;;

Here's Crappy Scene #19. At least try to pretend to enjoy. Thank you. ^_^

Tai was wrong. The next day wasn't simply very, very strange, it was also very, very frustrating.

Things were going wrong even before he woke up. He was only just peeling his eyes apart and batting away sleep from his brain when he noticed Kari sneaking out of their room on tiptoe. He couldn't see her face from where he lay--and probably wouldn't have been able to see her expression through his blurred eyes--but he didn't need to see it to know there was no smile there. Yesterday had been the single most socially disruptive day of either of their lives; recovery was not going to be quick in the coming.

With one eye half-open, he watched Kari carefully close the door. He waited until it had shut with the barest of *click*s before kicking away his comforter and sitting up on his bed.

Sitting there, staring blearily at the closed door, he realized he was already irritated, even though he'd only been awake for a minute and a half.

Breakfast held no improvements for the situation.

Kari sat opposite Tai at the table, carefully nibbling her food and staring stalwartly at her plate. She did this for the entirety of the meal. She only responded to their mother, who remained oblivious to what was going on (or so she let herself appear; in truth, Mrs. Kamiya was very concerned about Kari's uncharacteristic silence. She just didn't want to make a scene of it at the table, of all places).

Mr. Kamiya just sat and read the paper while he ate (he actually *was* completely oblivious). He barely glanced at either of his children. There was no noisy fuss, so he sensed no problems between them.

Tai did his best to ignore the fact that Kari was ignoring him, but found himself unable to resist glancing at her occasionally. He had to wonder--was she just embarrassed, or was she planning on avoiding him like this forever? He knew Kari could be stubborn when she wanted to be; and who could say just how stubborn she'd be about *this*?

He mentally shook himself. Surely she wouldn't make things *too* difficult. It wasn't as if she'd never talk to him again if he didn't love her like she wanted to be loved. She'd get over it, they'd forget the events of yesterday, all would be well, and life would go on.

Right?

He glanced up at Kari again, and found what little surety he'd mustered seep out of his pores. Her eyes were still locked unshakingly on her plate. She continued to eat her food like a robot, her hands going up and down in stilted, mechanical jerks. And whenever she spoke, she did so in mumbled whispers that only Mrs. Kamiya seemed to catch.

*She could keep this up for a long time,* said a nice, quiet voice in his head. He smirked bitterly; it was the good voice, back again to help him out. *She could hate you for the rest of her life, or at least until she grows up, and even then she might still be bitter. You're going to have to take care of this with some sort of grace, or you two will be at odds for a long while.*

Tai pushed his food around on his plate, suddenly unable to finish his breakfast. *So...what do I do? What* can *I do?* he thought to himself. His eyes jumped up to catch a quick glimpse of Kari before dropping back down again. *I'm in a real bind here, little voice. I could use some advice right about now...*

*I can't tell you what to do,* the voice said. *You're going to have to figure it out yourself. All I can tell you is that you don't have much time to make a decision--five days, at the most, counting today. Any more than that and the chance of her slipping away from you increases. You're going to have to make it quick; otherwise...shit may fly.*

Tai nodded, then glanced around nervously to see if anyone had seen him do it. His mother was in the kitchen, and had her back to him, his father was hidden behind the paper, and Kari was busy pretending to not know he was there. No one had seen him nodding to himself. His shoulders slumped with relief.

The relief was temporary; a couple minutes later, Kari pushed away from the table, her eyes still aimed downwards, and made her way over to her mother's side. She tugged on Mrs. Kamiya's shirt to get her attention, then muttered something to her. Mrs. Kamiya listened intently, her face set in a decidedly motherly look of concern, then nodded.

Tai watched Kari leave the apartment. He winced when the door shut. He knew there was no way he was going to get to talk to her today--and maybe that was best, for now. It would probably only aggravate the situation if he tried to push Kari too hard.

He nodded to himself again, his eyes immediately dancing around to make sure there'd been no witnesses to the action, and excused himself from the table.

Tai retreated to his room. He climbed up into his bunk, folded his arms behind his head, and stared up at the ceiling.

His mind just barely approached the subject at hand--

--Tai's eyes glazed over as his brain went into sudden shutdown. If his head had been a clock, the sound of grinding gears coming to an ugly, screaming halt would have been heard.

*Can't comprehend it, can you?* taunted that nasty little voice. *Can't wrap your head around it, huh? It's still completely impossible, isn't it? Denial has set in, and it isn't letting go. You'll never be able to make a decision about this.

*You're a failure, Tai. A screw-up. You're going to fail both yourself and your sister. You're going to mess it all up. You're a disgrace.*

Tai could think of no reply. His eyes still glazed, he rolled onto his side so he was facing the wall, and stared blankly into space.

He spent the whole day like that, just staring and staring.

Crappiness, undiluted and fortified with vitamins. -.-;;;;;;;;;; Must...edit...

agz
thanks for the new chapter
O_o I cannot believe it. One of my greatest wishes became true.

Great and thanks for this very good chapter. ^^
Hm, another nice addition... Although I must say the second part (from "Tai retreated to his room" on) feels just a little bit rushed. It's still decent though, and everything before that is well up to your usual high standard.
Daemon is designing Digimon desktop themes for the first three seasons. Please contribute your ideas for sound effects and icons under the "Set it off" topic in the Digimon section.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Alright, sorry this is so late, but...here you go! CONCLUSION! ...kinda!

I'm also sorry I can't present it to you directly; can't seem to paste into here on this crap-ass computer. >_>;;;; Here's the mediaminer.org link:

http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_ch.php?cid=192269&submit=View+Chapter&id=42024

Post your thoughts!

agz
like all other parts of your story it is just great. You showed one more time your high skill on your work. The story is high quality like and there is nothing much to say, just keep it up.
pretty good so is that the end of it
Alright, here's the final piece of the story. After this, it's OVER! MWAHAHAH!

~~~~

When it clicked, she pounced him.

They laughed together, Tai trying--not too hard--to keep Kari from crushing him with hugs, Kari with her arms flailing and her fingers clutching at his shirt, unintentionally tickling him and making him squirm and giggle. He let his own fingers waggle in her armpits--and Kari's whole body curled up on itself, and she kicked him, and he pushed her away and they both fell off the bed.

The drop to the floor seemed to knock the sense back into both of them, and when they got back onto the bed they were just a little more serious.

Kari looked at Tai. Tai looked at Kari.

Kari slid onto Tai's lap and hugged him around the neck. Tai slid an arm around her waist and placed his other hand on her knee. Kari's head dropped onto Tai's chest, and Tai's chin settled in her hair.

They closed their eyes as one, and held one another. Both could feel all the pressure of the last few days evaporate away, leaving them lighthearted and lightheaded. Giddiness overtook them, and they smiled. At that moment, all of Tokyo could have gone up in flames, and neither of them would've cared.

Because they were *happy*.

They sat like that for several minutes, basking in each other's bliss, which seemed to radiate from their bodies like heat. Nothing could be sweeter.

*Nothing*.

Kari's eyes slowly opened, and gazed at the room, which was splashed with blue-white moonlight. She blinked a couple times, squinched her eyes closed, and looked up at her brother--who looked back down at her with a smile on his lips.

She smiled back. "I love you, Tai."

"I love you, too, Kari." He grinned. "Dunno what that means anymore, but I know it's what I feel."

Kari giggled. "Same here."

A bit of silence--but a good silence, full of warmth.

"You know, we can't take this too far. There are...you know...some things that...y'know, some things that we can't do...*you* know..." He looked at her with a sheepish grin on his face. "Catch my drift?"

Kari rolled her eyes. "You mean sex, right?" She laughed when her brother's whole body stiffened--everything but a very specific, very special part, which remained limp. "I know we can't do *that*. That'd be *silly*."

Tai relaxed. "Just, you know, just making sure. Can't be too careful." He was blushing, Kari could see it, and he knew she knew. "Besides, that kiss you gave me was kinda...I don't know, suspicious. Kinda." His eyes traveled away from his sister's--

--and were promptly brought back by her fingers gripping his nose. His eyes rolled around, focused on his nose, and crossed. Then he looked up at Kari, blinking slowly.

"Woulb you blease led go ub my nobe?"

She gave him an impish smile. "Only if you'll forget that I kissed you."

Tai's forehead wrinkled with confusion. "Forgeb aboud id? Why?"

"Because I shouldn't have done it."

"Bud..." He looked at her a little longer, then nodded. "Alrighd. I'll forgeb aboud id. Now can you blease led go? It's starting to hurb."

She let go--and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you."

Tai gave her a Look, then shook his head. "You're confusing."

"Nuh-uh."

"Uh-huh."

"Nuh-uh."

"Uh-huh."

"Meanie."

"Brat."

"Snot."

"Idiot."

"Silly little girl."

"Stupid old man."

"I'm not old!"

She stuck her tongue out at him--and he grabbed it.

"Listen, Kari--hey, stop struggling, I'm trying to talk here!" He poked her nose with a finger, then waggled it in her face. She stopped trying to free her tongue from his hand and just sat their and listened--albeit grudgingly. "Kari, there's only so far we can go with this. You know? And...and eventually it'll have to end." There. He'd said it. He hadn't wanted to, but he had, because it was important. Now, for the terrible and destructive backlash--

--which didn't come.

Kari pried his fingers off her tongue, spat a few times, then gave him an impatient look. "Let's not think about that, okay, Tai? Let's just try to do this as long as we can, okay?" She gave him another hug, and he could *feel* the happiness pulsing through his body. "I just want to be happy..."

Tai smiled, and placed his hand on her head. "Alright. Just so you know--oh! Get up a sec, I gotta get something for you." He waited until Kari had pulled away before rolling over to his pillow and dragging the bear out into the air.

Kari's eyes widened. "You...you found it?"

Tai nodded. "Went back to the park yesterday and got it. I had to wash the dirt out, and it's a bit scruffy now, but--oof!" He bent over, the force of Kari's glomp having knocked the air out of him.

"Tai, you're so *sweet*!" She unlocked her arms and carefully drew the bear from his hands--then crushed it in a hug. "I can't believe you remembered it! I thought it was gone for good!" She gave him another hug, this time with only one arm (the other was full of stuffed bear). "You're the greatest!"

Tai's sense of self worth: 177% and rising. He hugged her back--

--just as he caught sight of his clock. '11:02' was displayed in bright green liquid crystal. His eyes widened.

"Kari...it's almost midnight. We should get to bed."

Kari pouted. "But I wanna stay up and--" Her next word was cut off by a massive yawn; exhaustion was quickly catching up with her. When she came back out of the yawn, her eyelids were drooping. She gave Tai a tired smile. "I guess it'll have to wait 'til tomorrooooooow..." She fought the yawn back down and took her brother's hand. "C'mon, let's sleep together tonight. We haven't done that since I was..." She closed one eye and stuck her tongue between her teeth as she thought. "...four, or five, or somethiiiiiii..." She let the yawn run its course while Tai slid under the covers. "...ing. Scoot over a little." She rolled across the mattress until her back came to rest against Tai's chest. She snuggled up against him, and his arms slid around her almost automatically.

Five minutes later Kari was snoring and Tai was on the brink of sleep. He didn't want to go just yet, though; his brain was only now catching up with what had happened in the last hour.

*Kari and I are...* The words "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" came to mind, but were promptly deemed unsuitable and banished. *We're closer. We love each other very much. We...* Sleep pulled at him, and his eyelids fluttered. *We started something new today. I don't think either of us know what we're in for, or what we're doing, but I know that, no matter what, we'll always love each other.*

*Because that's what brothers and sisters do.*

Sleep swept him away, and he drifted into dreamland with a smile on his face.

~~ * ~~

~The End~

~~ * ~~

Anybody have any thoughts? Hm? Any? Anything? Hm?

agz, slightly hyper ('cause he finally finiiiiiiished this...)
You know it's a masterpiece, man?

I have no big comments about cept that it rules. You did a real great job in my books.