Join our server on Discord

wich books help you with your story
I am just interested to know what books a writher read to get a idea for a story my books are
The rad of time:
The eye of the world; (book 1)
The greate hunt. (book 2)
Harry Potter:
all books
Grief and the starsword:
The dragonthrone. (book 1)
Well, I don't read books in order to get ideas, however I probably subconsciously borrow interesting and story-related elements from every book I've ever read. Id say some of the most interesting story elements I've ever seen came from Ms. Robin HObb in her three trilogies: The Farseer Series, The Liveship Traders, and whatever the latest one is called (haven't read it enough, focuses on Fitz and the Fool, really good stuff).

I'll admit that Ms. Rowling has some good concepts in her stories, but aside from the other-world premise of Wizards v. Muggles (ie: Wizards have part of their world most Muggles are entirely unaware of) and Hogwarts, i don't think she did anything overly inventive with it. I may find some ideas, but not enought o truly influence my stories.
My ideas are about as original as they come, but I guess even they have to come from somewhere. It's a mixture of books, movies, and song lyrics. No recent books inspire me, probably because all I read are textbooks, but ones from years ago have some impact. The two biggest influences are probably T.H. White's The Once and Future King, and Lloyd Alexander's chronicles (starts with a p, forgot the name). Of course, I'm also influenced by Greek mythology and Bible stories, but who isn't?
For young teen behavior influences, my favorite book is The Chocolate War. It's the best book I ever had to read for school, certainly the only one with references to tit squeezing and masturbation. It's the story of Jerry Renault, a private school freshman who refused to sell chocolate for his school, defying the authority of both teachers and seniors in the process. I think that book is part of the reason why I defy authority so much.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Hmm...I suppose all of my writing is influenced, no matter how much, by Brian Jacques's Redwall series. His fanciful stories were the ones that inspired me to start trying to write for fun, not just for school.
I'd say:
-Isaac Asimov, really interesting plots, inspires me to try just a little harder.
-Douglas Adams, he wrote The HitchHiker's guide the galaxy, great inspiration for Spontaneous humour. His Dirk Gently books also have a great...interconnetedness about them :D
-The Lord of The Rings books were astoundingly well written, I swear, 67% of the writing in them is detail about facial expressions, location, moods, etc.
-The entire bookshelf in my room? :D
- Animal Farm and 1984, 1984 in particular has one of the greatest plots, where the good guys actually lose. Very grim.
-Jean M. Auel's 'Clan of the Cave Bear' series has an excellent attention to detail, and I love detail.

Thats about all I can think of...for now. :roll: