Join our server on Discord

Introducing: JUNE [my new original character...]
Well, can't let AGZ have all the fun now, can I? ;)
Neko... you're welcome to try! The colours are listed somewhere in here.

Quote:The poses are not original
I agree. We just wanted to get the full frontal view.

Thanks guys!
Quote:Colorization... I had seen _agz_'s wonderful accomplishments in the doujinshi area, and I must say that compared to them this is not very impressive. The skin colour is dull, and unfortunately dominates the bright shades used for clothes. I really like the soft colour of the jeans, as well as the darker blue of the lines there, but it's only limited in the lower area of the sketch. The upper one is left what I can only describe as bare, something especially evident in the face. Using the same colour for the hair and eyes wasn't such a good idea, seeing as it doesn't have its realistic touch anymore and tires the eyes of the viewer. Also, the darker tones of the hair hide the lines and make it look like a plain mass. The black of the top would have done a good job on highlighting the curves if the shading was taken better care of. I like the green of the underwear; rare shade and unique pick. Outlining may have also demanded wider lines so as to give a sense of beginning and end too. All in all, it's a very good colorization; just a bit disappointing to me from what I had seen of _agz_'s earlier work.

Um...heh. -_- For one, I purposely made the hair dark to hide the way the ear and the earring showed through the hair itself. And the eyes are a tad darker than the hair. And I personally like the skintone. And the top.

Quote:AGZ, I assume that your June colorization is an in-progress?

Eh heh...no. It's finished. I'm too much of a perfectionist to shade and highlight without going insane. I'd curl up in the fetal position and start sucking my thumb. ^_^

Have at it! I tried, and others are welcome to do so as well.

By the by: who *are* you?

Renzo: I need eye colors for both kids. Isabel is completely finished except for her eyes, and I've got Jordan's upper half (sans eyes) done as well.

Now to finish that EcoSplash2 colorization...

_agz_
YES!! Thanks agz. Both of the children's eye colors are dark brown. However, if you think something else would go better... your call.
_agz_ Wrote:By the by: who *are* you?

:D
I am the shadow that flies in the-
*coughs*
NekoDramon, colorist from Germany who joined this board last year. Did some coloring and a few original pics (whoever remembers my scapegoat Rena gets a cookie). Left this board after the initial conflict concerning the DHN, partly also because of an overloaded schedule. And now I'm back because people actually seem to appreciate colorists now (*gasps*). Oh, and to give you some competition of course. ;)

So... feed me, fight me, f*ck me, or add me to AIM/MSN if you feel like it ;)
another version of JUNE by Rings. It's sloppy... done pretty quickly actually. I'll thank him for you!

[Image: june1.jpg]
Interesting to see, but it's really a quick fix. I'm currently giving June a try myself, expect a result tomorrow. :)
And here it is:
[Image: june.jpg]
Neko! I'm in awe, dude. That's just beautiful..
It kinda looks like you altered some lines but I can't be picky; that colorization is fresh and clean.

GOOD JOB!

BTW... lovin the skin tone.
Well, lessee.

So, Rings' colorization is better than the original sketch, my colorization is better than Rings', and NekoDramon's is better than mine. Ah, the Colorizer's Circle of Life. ^_^

Hot damn, Neko. Can you tell me just how you clean up a pic that well? What image editor are you using? Yes, professor? ^_^

See, this is why I stick to manga scans. I knew someone would show me up on this. ^_^

Renzo: you'll have Isabel and Jordan soon. Unless you don't want them.

agz, coloring...AWAY!