Join our server on Discord

UPDATED!! Kharon's August Contest - WITH SCORES!
That's right, I'm back to run another contest, and this time, It's not such a narrow path.

Entrants may enter multiple times, however only the most recent story will be considered absolute -- earlier entries will add nothing. Entrants must write a Romance lemon using any pairing EXCEPT CROSSBREEDING. And by Romance lemon, I mean it is based on a aromance that leads up to the lemon scene -- the way it flows will be part of the scoring under QUALITY.

Judges will not be told which author(s) wrote which story, and judging will not begin until after the deadline (August 20). Judges may not enter the contest.

All entries must be NEW -- you may not enter with previously posted material, and you may not post it before the end of the contest.

SCORING

SEMANTICS - Typos, punctuation, and things that make the story a little less readable are SEMANTIC issues. This accounts for 20% of the score.

STORY - This covers Character Development and Plot, and counts for 50% of the final score.

LEMON - Because this story is a romance lemon, I'm lessening the value of this score (it's added to STORY) to only 15%.

QUALITY - How well the story flows, this is unrelated to SEMANTIC issues. This includes how well the story segues from the main plot to the Lemon Scene, and accounts for the final 15% of the score.

This totals to 20+50+15+15, or 100. The winner will be based on the total number of points they get, and in the event of a tie, by the highest totalled STORY score (followed by Quality, Lemon, and then Semantics). In the event both stories score evenly in everything, they will both be the winner.

I already have two judges, and would like one or two more. Deadline for judges to sign up is August 10. The Deadline for contest entries is August 20. All entries in after 12:00 AM EDT on August 21 will be disqualified.

You may contact mme by AOL IM to send your entry, or you may email it to me at kharonalpha@hotpop.com. If you email it, please use the subject line "AUGUST CONTEST ENTRY", in all caps, followed by the title of your story. Include the title of your story and your author name on the DaD in the body, and attach your submission in whatever format you used.

We currently have one entry in, but please remember that there is plenty of time to join and send your stories in. August 20 is the deadline -- and don't be in a hurry, this should be an enjoyable contest for you, so take your time and do your best job, everyone.
I will probably enter this one, seeing as I have plenty of time until the deadline. I do have a couple of questions, though. First, do the characters have to start a relationship as the fanfic progresses or is it also allowed for them to be already a couple? Also, can we use more than one pairings, and thus lemon scenes?

Good luck for this contest, Kharon! It certainly seems a promising one.
Well, really it only has to be a romance, I won't be picky as to whether it begins in the story or is treated as being established beforeand. If it does happen beforehand, some idea of how it began would be nice, though.

Also, you can use multiple pairings if you really feel the need to, though your score will not be affected simply for having two or three pairings developed in the story.

Also, before anyone asks, by "any pairing except crossbreeding," I am including Yaoi and Yuri -- and also any Digimon/Digimon pairing. I am somewhat torn between the inclusion of the Hybrid digimon, so for the moment, that's off limits, unless I decide otherwise.
I'll join this.
I think I'll try, as well.

...despite having never written a lemon myself. ^_^

Kharon, are there any length restrictions? Where do we post, anyhow?

agz
We don't post the entries; we send them to the host, in this case Kharon, who will later send them to the other judges.
There is mo limit on length, though longerstories (which are often mor eengaging) would be preferred. Length is not a criteria in the judging, though, nor in my accepting a submission. I don't want this contest out of hand with rules. As a rule of thumb, a story should probably be three to five pages at the minimum, more if you want to put time into it. There is no lower or upper limit though -- if you think your submission is ready at 1 1/2 pages, that's your call.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what number of month is August?

Is it 9? Or 8?

Sorry, don't know english names for months. :P
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
August is 8th month, and the reason 8th month isn't October ("octo = eight) is because Some Roman Emmperors decided to make months in their honor... September, October, November, and December were originally the 7, 8, 9, and 10 months (indicated in their roots - sept=7, oct=8, nov=9, dec=10). But because emperors didn't want to be assosciated with winter, they put their months in the summers time -- Julius (July) and Augustus (August).

:) But as a simple answer, August is the Eighth month... What language are you familiar with month names in, by the way?
Are megalemons allowed? I have a Renamon/Renamon romance in the works.