Join our server on Discord

Self-Insertion Lemons
I'd like to ask why self-insertion lemons suck so bad. I don't understand what's so wrong with them.
I'd like to ask if you could clarify the question. But I won't, and will assume the first two interpetations that come to mind:

1) "Why are SI lemons badly written?"

Because the author is pawing off while they write. Seriously, I have a couple of SI lemons, and to tell the truth, it's for exactly that reason (unless they write it in a public place) that SI lemons suck in a bad way. If I hadn't beeen in school when I wrote my two SI lemons, they'd be horrible as hell.

The other reason here is that the author tends to ignore everything that creates a sense of continuity the moment they bring an SI in -- and they don't bother rebuilding that sense of continuity either.

2) "Why don't people like SI lemons?"

Because they find it difficult to paw off to. Honestly, I think this is the case more often than not, and that the destroyed continuity has far less to do with it than the author might want. It's hard to assosciate with a character who literally is someone else. Especially when he/she is fucking the brains out of the girl/guy you want to be with. It's not so hard when both characters are canonical, but it is hard when you bring in somebody else's SI.

I have no problem with SI lemons, as long as they remain personal. To me, an SI lemon is a written record of a person's fantasy, and unless someone asks, they probably don't care. I keep any SI lemons I write private, but if you really wanna read 'em, you can always IM me and ask for 'em.
I was thinking of the second question, you asked. Thank you for answering my question.

I have no problem with SI lemons, as long as they remain personal. To me, an SI lemon is a written record of a person's fantasy, and unless someone asks, they probably don't care. I keep any SI lemons I write private,
I guess I'm like you. I have some SI's of my own, but I have a floppy disk of them which I call "Personal Lemons".

but if you really wanna read 'em, you can always IM me and ask for 'em.
I'd love to read them someday. :)
I was never too fond of SI lemons, but there is a new author and her first series is SI, but believe me THEY ARE GOOD!!!

To read her stuf -

http://members.lycos.co.uk/hhhmessageboa...act=SF&f=8

Look for Omnious Sora's lemons **Chap 1 to chap 6**
Personal reason; I don't care to read about characters I don't even know, no matter how well-written the story might be. Original characters are fine, but these are practically a whole different species. Self-insertions are most of the time used for the sole purpose of playing out one of the author's fantasies, which I have no interest in learning about. Canon misinterpration, original's lack of flaws and choice of sex partner usually betray it.
I don't like Self insertation either. (Si aka Mary Sue aka Gary Stu) Too often too much attention is placed on the character and all but ignored the rest of the characters or the background. Basically a cheap way to add a new and unoriginal character.

I've done a couple SI (none lemon though) and people hardly read them anyway. I do have lots of fantasies but most of them are best left as personal fantasies.
Sef insertation? Does it mean, when the author makes a cameo as a hero or as some other thing?

I do that mostly always. Check out my hentai game. Whos the main hero? Me and my gf and my friends.

I also included myself many, many times in lemons but never did "paw off" to them (check the other lemon topic to know why) and I think I have only written two lemons where I have sexual intercourse. Seriously.

Well, I have said it many times, but I may aswell say it again. I'm a diffrentkind lemon writer. Whatever that is a positive or negative thing, it's entirely diffrent thing. 8)
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
To me, SI didn't show character development.
To me, SI was too far-fetched, he/she could do anything.