Join our server on Discord

Poll: Do you think music today is good?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
42.86%
9 42.86%
No
57.14%
12 57.14%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Music these days is just BAD
The Infamous Boss Reo Wrote:I've always been partial to Deftones, Static X and SYstem of A Down (as well as a little Wicked Clown action with the ICP >;3)

Limp Bizkit and KoRn are just too overcommercialized, and Metallica, well, as much as i love the Black Album, their just too fucking greedy. for god's sake, St. Anger is a huge piece of shit.

I gotta agree with Limp being too much overcommercialized,But I really don't pay too much attention to the dumb shit they do, all I care about is that if they can make good music that's all that matters in my opinion.

Now on to punk rock,Good Charlotte,New Found Glory,*Even though they had one good song*,The White Stripes and Simple Plan.They can rot in hell,The only band in that catagory that I can stomach is Bowling for soup,The album was Interesting and Their video for "Girl All The Bad Guys want" was funny as hell *Where else ya gonna see Fred Durst getting beat down by Slipknot?,lol Even though I don't like slipknot that was pretty funny*.If ya wanna see what I'm talking about check this out ....

http://www.bowlingforsoup.com/videos.html[/img]
Though, System of A Down has a pretty good guitarist, listening to the "Life is hell, the whole world is darkness, I'm gonna kill myself" thing is kind of a downer, but maybe tht's because I'm more of a Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendirx, Led Zeppelin guy.

By the way, does anyone know the difference between punk rock and death metal rock?
I read all of the post on this topic before I posted. I believe that all of you have come out with your own opinions as to where you think music is going today! Unlike some of you out there, I enjoy all types of music, with the exception of most rap! The only rap I found interesting was either Limp Bizkit or the guy who did "Wild Thing" and "Funky Cold Madenia"! (I think it was Tone Loc)

On occasion I also enjoy country, but don't make a habit of it! My usual gendre of music is ROCK! Though some of the legends of rock have sold out (IE: Metallica), There are some who have retained the ethics of their own! Point in fact, GodSmack! They've got both slow and fast songs that you just can't forget, and their new album is AWESOME. Stain'd's new CD totally rocks!

But then let's not forget about the local bands in your hometown! Some have come out with music that'll rock your socks off! All in all, music is just an art form! No one says you have to like it, just pick what you do like and stick with them till they too have sold out or just plain SUCK!

SaberGatomon said it, and I'll say it again! Twisted
Most of today's music sucks. And rap has degraded itself to the point of gold chains and false pretenses (any rap group). And punk has become whining (Green Day), pop is commercialization (any boy band), rock is angst (deftones, even if I like 'em), country is whining with an *acoustic* guitar (Garth Brooks), techno is built-on repetition, folk is creative, but dull (Jonatha Brooke), full-orchestra is inspiring, but ignored, and soul is almost dead.

Despite all that, I like the White Stripes , deftones, System of a Down, Sunna, Alien Ant Farm, Jimmy Eat World, the Matrix soundtrack, blindside, P.O.D., early Incubus, 3 Doors Down, Jonatha Brooke, Pete Yorn, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, et cetera, et cetera.
"rock your socks off"? Yes, that is a saying by the hardrock fans!

I always tend to find that the best music can be in the oddest places. I find that anime has an array of good music. (Of course, I can't say that for all anime series) I find that the soundtracks for Cowboy Bebop, or the many Gundam series provide some of the best music out there. (I still can't get "Gotta Knock A Little Harder" from the Cowboy Bebop movie out of my head!)
The best music can be found in the Indy scene's and bars....thats where the commercial titwhores can't be found cause their too busy getting crack snorted off their ass.

Okay lol, I sort of went extreme there, but I'm just playing....Bar bands usually have a good amount of sound, talent and they just relax with the people in the bar it kicks ass...plus alot of them tend to throw alot of energy into their music when they play so yeah. thats my vote lol.
The main problem is that none of you gave Nickelback a chance after "How You Remind Me" had finished its rounds. "Too Bad" is an infinitely better song, along with all the songs from the first two albums. Nobody seems to like AFI or Three Doors Down, but they're awesome.
Hey man, can't label all of us...sure Nickleback did go a little crazy with how you remind me, but they couldn't help that, personally speaking I think their song "never again" kicks ass...As for AFI and Three Doors Down? well I'm not exactly a big fan of them but I do rather enjoy a few of their songs.
There's enough great music today - just don't listen to that uniformed chart trash.
*Listens to Ooooold music* That's what I get for growing up listening to my parents' musicc, wether I liked it or not. Now, after all that brainwashing... i like it! [/horror]

Won't post artist favs. I unintentionally started a flamewar on another board by doing that... I've never posted my fav music artists ever again...

*Hits: Funk, Lite Rock, Rap (not as much), Hard rock (all 'rock', really)*

*Misses: Heavy Metal, Death Rock, etc... (list goes on)* That's as specific as I'm gonna get.

Quote: Sabergatomon said: music is just an art form! No one says you have to like it, just pick what you do like and stick with them till they too have sold out or just plain SUCK!

Ditto.