Join our server on Discord

Poll: Do you think music today is good?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
42.86%
9 42.86%
No
57.14%
12 57.14%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Music these days is just BAD
Yeah, I'm with you Devkyu, though I'm not a fan of bryan adams or will smith....and yes TR, Avril indeed needs to stop doing covers of good songs, I didn't know she did fuel, but she also does knocking on heaven's door...guns and roses? fucking bitch can suck on the barrel of a gun for all I care..
I can't really decide yes or no. Seeing as how I've grown up with "todays music" since I'm a teen now, I wasn't exposed to some of the classic stuff everyone else talks about, though I have a pension for Metallica, ACDC, etc.

But a lot of the stuff out today is such noise pollution it makes my ears bleed. Brittney Spears, boy bands, todays wannabe punk, American Idol winners, etc, can all burn in hell.

However, I like a lot of the newer rock out there, like Marilyn Manson, System of a Down, Powerman 5000, Mastodon, Godsmack, and so on. So I guess I'm in the middle, since a lot sucks and a lot of it is good.
Devkyu shows his ignorance ten fold. Every type of music is good, rock, rap, disco, blues, swing, even classical! ( :roll: Well, maybe not disco, or swing...and the only blues I like is tha on the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, but that's not the point!) But. everything is good, it all depends on how you look at it.
IntergalacTIC PLAnETARY!!

In my opinion, people should be more open minded about music-not just label genres as good or bad and refuse to listen to them. Move on.

:o
Nah matt, alot of music genres are good, some okay, but I have to agree, I dislike alot of rap, well I really only dislike the thug gangsta rap like 50 cent and some other assorted people, would it really kill them to put some intelligence into their music?

But I'd say the best "genre of music" has to be, for all time!

VIDEO GAME MUSIC!

Why, because everything on videogames is perfect! lol....best soundtrack to any game has to be Sonic 1 and 2 hehehe.
No, vidiogame music is pretty bad. There are a few good songs on the soundtracks, but nothing great. I for one have always been partial to anime music, but I know it's not the best. And also, if you really look, disco is all bad because it's ALL THE SAME. It's too narrow. Not much difference between songs. So if you hate one song of doscp, you pretty much hate them all.
I'm not much of a fan of video game music but i do have a spot in my brain for that one tune from that ice level off of sonic 3,I wish I knew what the name was cuz I wanna get that tune.
As for video game music "Luna's boat song" from Lunar SSSC and "Hope" from The Legend of Dragoon are very good.

As for music in the real world, it's ify. I like a little bit of all music including some new stuff going around. :roll: Even the boy bands.

But the music I love is METAL. Rhapsody, Manowar, Gwar, Powerman 5000, Rob Zombie, HIM, Disturbed, KoRn, and other stuff like that.
Yeah, Korn is pretty dang good...But right now I'm in a Zwan and 80's music mood right now, like for the last few weeks, so I'm happy lol.

And TR: what stage are you thinking of, whats it look like, I'll probably be able to tell ya in a snap lol.
It's that one Ice level off of sonic 3.