Join our server on Discord

Poll: Do you think music today is good?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
42.86%
9 42.86%
No
57.14%
12 57.14%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Music these days is just BAD
Remember back in the day when music used to be good? Well, now you can barely find anything good to listen to these days. I pity this generation of people who think that their music is the best ever. Rap hasn't been good since the 80s. Now it's about robbing banks, "smakin' my bitches", and life in the "ghetto". (The man's 22 living in a mansion and he lived in the ghetto? Think not) And the only rock that you could find now is wuss rock and punk rock. And the punk rock isn't all that great. Punk was best in he 80s in the time of Slayer and Ozzy Osborne. (But who could compete against "Bark At The Moon"?) Rock alone is just crappy now. A song like "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister would have been considered the god of all rock songs compared to the crap now. Remember the time of AC/DC and Iron Maiden? Well, times have changed for the worst....
Ah, a fellow music fanatic lol....I agree, I only listen to like 20% of the music on TV and Radio today, I'm stuck in the past cause the future of music sucks lol, personally I agree with the 80's Rap, the best rappers will always be Run DMC and the Beastie boys in my opinion lol....As for Rockers, as long as they ain't wearing ties whinning about how they broke their skateboards or their girlfriends broke up with them I'm happy lol.
MATTHEWDMETCALF Wrote:Remember back in the day when music used to be good? Well, now you can barely find anything good to listen to these days. I pity this generation of people who think that their music is the best ever. Rap hasn't been good since the 80s. Now it's about robbing banks, "smakin' my bitches", and life in the "ghetto". (The man's 22 living in a mansion and he lived in the ghetto? Think not) And the only rock that you could find now is wuss rock and punk rock. And the punk rock isn't all that great. Punk was best in he 80s in the time of Slayer and Ozzy Osborne. (But who could compete against "Bark At The Moon"?) Rock alone is just crappy now. A song like "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister would have been considered the god of all rock songs compared to the crap now. Remember the time of AC/DC and Iron Maiden? Well, times have changed for the worst....

I don't listen to much punk rock except for Bowling for soup,New found Glory and Something corprate,most punk nowadays just plain sux Especially that damn Avril Lavine,as for other rock I just plain miss Limp Bizkit for some reason,I saw them On the Icon:Metallica but it's not the same without Wes. *not saying that the dude from Snot is a good replacement*

On to hip-hop,up here on my radio the only guys they play 24/7 is Either Ja Rule *Aka:The Ryhming Cookie Monster,lol*,Tupac,Eminem or 50 Cent. I quite agree that Run Dmc *RIP Jam Master Jay* and the beastie boys are the greatest rappers.

So Yeah,music on the radio sux nowadays......
Though I can't quite agree with you guys on Beastie Boys,(Though Intergalactic Planitary was cool) I do find it ironic that now everyone complains about Eminem rapping because they say white peoplee shoudn't rap, but back in the 80s no one had a problem with the fact that the Beastie Boys were rapping even though they're white.
I think it's a matter of taste. me, it varies. For example, I can listen to some old time rock for awhile, get sick of it, listen to some hard stuff for awhile, get sick of it, listen to some light rock, get sick of it, go back to old rock, get sick of it...etc, etc, etc,...
Overall, what's being sold to us by radio and MTV is for the most part, crap, even compared to what was being played 5 or 10 years ago. It's all economics really. The Telecommunications Act of '96 severely loosened the restrictions that media companies could have on owning any number of stations in any market, so while there might have been 6 or 7 cool FM stations in your town 10 years ago playing different kinds of rock, pop, and dance music, today there are likely only 3 or 4, if you're lucky. Less competition means fewer stations, and fewer choices for the listener, and when there's no competition, stations have no reason to play anything except for market-tested crap rock and pop. It's not like listeners are going to go listen to another station instead, because they're playing the same songs.

It's only going to get worse. The FCC is considering loosening restrictions even more, which would give huge media companies like Clear Channel the right to own 45% of the media in your town. That means that you'll be hearing even less new music, and more crappier and biased journalism in the news, because there won't be any other competitors left to keep them in line.

The solution? Use the internet to find out about new music. Download some songs and try some new bands out that you've never heard of. Listen to internet and satellite radio. Turn off MTV. Music isn't getting worse. Actually there's more amazing stuff out there than there ever has been before. It's just not getting any attention. It's not going be be delivered to you like it used to be, you'll have to dig for it. But it's there.
~Gets nuce ready in basement~
I really don't think it's worth killing yourself over, I'd prefer my way of doing things, come out with a band to bury these new bands lol....man to have a dream lol.
I utterly HATE rap!! That's all they play on almost all the stations and at school, people rap in the hallways saying that "they be smooth playas". it pisses me off to no end that I rarely ever find anything decent. I only like one song by Avril whateverhernameis.

Give me Bryan Adams, Billy Joel, Elton John, and The Eagles anyday!! And to think everyone makes fun of me because I hate rap with a passion. It's absolutely uncreative! The only rap I ever liked was Will Smith (worships The Men in Black and Wild Wild West). And Eminen can do and take his "bad boy" self and sit in a bush of poison ivy. Then he'd REALLY have a reason to grope himself all the time!
Devkyu Wrote:I utterly HATE rap!! That's all they play on almost all the stations and at school, people rap in the hallways saying that "they be smooth playas". it pisses me off to no end that I rarely ever find anything decent. I only like one song by Avril whateverhernameis.

Give me Bryan Adams, Billy Joel, Elton John, and The Eagles anyday!! And to think everyone makes fun of me because I hate rap with a passion. It's absolutely uncreative! The only rap I ever liked was Will Smith (worships The Men in Black and Wild Wild West). And Eminen can do and take his "bad boy" self and sit in a bush of poison ivy. Then he'd REALLY have a reason to grope himself all the time!

Well that's your opinion,Personally I could give a shit about the image of the artists,all I care about is if they can write music and make it sound good then that's that,as for avril lavigne,I fucking wish she would get hit by a bus or something,her music is absolutly repulsive,claiming she's a rock chick when her material is pop and she embarrased Metallica when she tried to cover their song "Fuel".