Join our server on Discord

The Flash vs Terminator Genisys
I understood the 2015 TV series The Flash time travel paradox, and I agreed with Dr Wells, "If you changed the past, you may get same or even worse disaster in the future."

That's why future Barry stopped Barry from saving his own mother.

In Justice League Flashpoint Paradox, Barry saved his mother but caused the world to end.

However, I totally don't understand Terminator Genisys. How the hell could they change and create timeline? And there were no consequences from their actions?

For example, yesterday a car knocked down my cat. I traveled back to yesterday, stopped the accident, tomorrow my cat is still alive, and the world remains the same.

This is totally BS, right? How could you change an incident without changing the world?

In Terminator Genisys, what happened to them? They could not return to their own timeline and world anymore, they were stuck there (just liked Reverse Flash stuck in Barry's timeline).

How many terminators did they send back? Who the hell sent Arnold to save 9-years old Sara? Who the hell killed 9-years old Sara's parents?
[Image: Renamon2.jpg]
Time is like a big book of pages. Each action, no matter how small is another page. This is the book of your life. ...And the lives of all the alternate versions of you.

Altering time means you move from one book to another. You can't go back to the timeline you came from first. If you somehow stopped yourself from existing then if you stayed back in time, you'd exist until you reached the time you went back. Then you'd be erased.

Any of that help? I just read the Wiki page on time travel one day 11 year, 1 month, 13 days ago. I get everything but the math. ...I think.
Yea, I agreed. That's the major problems with Terminator 5, very complex and no-logic at all.

:D
Each new Terminator movie has added to and altered the time travel plot to the point where it might not make much sense anymore. For the sake of making a flashy movie to get people to watch I guess. But I haven't seen the new one and don't remember all the older details.

The Flash may have had a more planned-out plot. But if fake Wells never exists now, how did any of the plot occur at all? Maybe he'll be back later as a "walking paradox" which has happened in other Flash stories. In any case I'm looking forward to Legends of Tomorrow.

Meanwhile in real life there's no actual indication time travel is possible at all. Physicists can do some fancy math and show it can happen with the currently most accurate equations that describe reality, but all they're really doing is creating a thought experiment that says our equations are still incomplete.
Depends on how you're working the theoretical physics, Yeah we're getting into theoretical physics here, NERD GLASSES ON! Every decision creates an alternate world, and going back and altering the timeline doesn't change it, just causes it to branch, one world where the change happened and the world where everything went the way it had. It gets more messed up the more jumping back and forth you do and how the laws work in a specific story. Imagine trying to read one of those choose your own adventure books from cover to cover instead of jumping around, kinda becomes a mess like that. If you're interested Michio Kaku does a good piece on it.

http://mkaku.org/home/articles/the-physi...me-travel/
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(07-21-2015 12:47 AM)Jaser Wrote: Each new Terminator movie has added to and altered the time travel plot to the point where it might not make much sense anymore. For the sake of making a flashy movie to get people to watch I guess. But I haven't seen the new one and don't remember all the older details.

The Flash may have had a more planned-out plot. But if fake Wells never exists now, how did any of the plot occur at all? Maybe he'll be back later as a "walking paradox" which has happened in other Flash stories. In any case I'm looking forward to Legends of Tomorrow.

Meanwhile in real life there's no actual indication time travel is possible at all. Physicists can do some fancy math and show it can happen with the currently most accurate equations that describe reality, but all they're really doing is creating a thought experiment that says our equations are still incomplete.

Wells will be back in Season 2, bad or good guy? Dunno but this is a very good news.

The Flash got 23 episodes to explain the timeline paradox. Terminator got 2 hours only, but the greedy Director squeezed in too much timeline and failed to explain even one.

You are not Hero, you are Legends! I can't wait to see Hawkgirl!
We got 2 other Flashes cast and an evil version of the character Atom Smasher cast. Should be good.