Join our server on Discord

Reorganizing the board!
Let me know what you guys think or any ideas you have here before I make the change. I intend to use more sub boards to make the index page shorter/easier to navigate. I don't plan on deleting any board's posts but did add a couple boards.
  • The Lobby
    • Intro Threads
    • General Chat
      • Polls
      • The Game Room
      • The Boiler Room
        • The Debate Room
        • Rants Galore
        • Let's Work This Out!
        • Spam
    • Digimon Chat
    • Other Media Chat
      • Anime-tion
      • Video Game Central
        • Connected
      • Movies, TV, Music and More
    • The DigiArtist's Domain
      • Donate
      • Announcements
      • Issues?
      • Suggestions?
      • Testing, HTML, and Sig Help
    • Groups
      • Suggest a Group
      • Group Troopers [?]
      • [The various groups, you only see what you're a member of]

• The Artist's Parlor & Author's Den
    • The Artist's Domain
      • D-MAW
    • The Viewer's Domain
      • Requests
    • The Author's Domain
      • Original Fiction
      • The Den of Inspiration [Should this be merged into D-PAW?]
      • The Review Team [This too?]
      • D-PAW
    • The Reader's Domain
      • Requests

• Role Play Central
    • Role Playing Games
      • [The various boards there]
    • Role Playing Talk
      • "R-What!?"
      • The Game Room
      • Role Playing Elsewhere

• The Lounge
    • The Love Pad
      • The Yaoi Steam-Room
      • The Yuri Teahouse
    • Digi-Hentai Links
    • Other Links

That brings the front page boards down to 15 from 39. Every category is named like a room, so that's nice. The Viewer's and Reader's Domains I guess are nice additions for organizing posts. I ended up combining the Links section with The Love Pad into The Lounge. We can add other sub boards to the Love Pad if people want to talk about other particular interests.

Any thoughts?
Is there some way to set Games, Spam, and maybe Role Playing boards to not count the posts in them? Seems like they're a bit pointless.
I've just set Games and Spam boards to not count towards post count. I'm not sure about the RP board though, it is content we want to encourage people to post.
Ok. That works for me. Let's go with this.
Alright, I've reorganized them about how I have them here, maybe some small changes. I'm still open to any suggestions anyone has.
I think we have too many boards for the current size of the site. We don't want too many, so visitors don't see a wall of dead boards and think the forums are abandoned. On the other hand, we don't want so few forums that there's nothing to do.

One thing we used to do on message boards is set up an archive forum at the bottom and put defunct boards into read-only, so the history isn't lost, but they're out of the way. I think we should look at each dead board and decide if we really need it. For example, I think everything in the Boiler Room could be closed and archived. (We don't need a board for fighting...)

Let's go with that. We should do that.
I could just merge the Boiler Room topics (except the Spam ones) into General Chat. Are there any other boards you have in mind?

Remember, another solution not looking like a wall of dead boards is to post in them. ^.^
If that doesn't make one section too big, then we could do it.
(06-20-2015 09:46 PM)Jaser Wrote: Remember, another solution not looking like a wall of dead boards is to post in them. ^.^

Touché. :D I'm thinking about dead boards that aren't likely to revive or that we don't need revived, like that Let's Work This Out forum. Another example would be the Review Team forum under Author's Domain... There is no Review Team anymore. Any general feedback can go in the regular forum.

If merging them is better, that's cool too. Ranting and Debating can easily occur in General Discussion.

I notice a lot of overlap between Spam and The Game Room. Seems like much of the spam on the first page is forum games. You might consider merging those?