Join our server on Discord

Advertising?
Has anyone tried to spread word of our continued existence? Perhaps to try and capture some new blood And fresh talent? Tweet it, make a journal on FA (c'mon, I know some of you are furs), whatever. I mean there's still a population of people interested, but they seem scattered throughout digital space. Perhsps we should try to round them up.
No idea. I mean we are just a forum sort of. Not sure how/where we'd do that.
I've figured we should update the site first before we start advertising around, at least so the front page doesn't still say 2011. Which is just a matter of contacting the old admin and seeing if he'd like to return or pass the torch to someone else. I'll try I guess. Edit: I just sent a message to his active FA account.

I also don't want to look like we're just spamming the link around but there's nice ways of sharing it.
(05-15-2015 02:20 PM)UnknownH Wrote: No idea. I mean we are just a forum sort of. Not sure how/where we'd do that.

Well it's pretty much been reduced to just the forum now, but I remember when people actually submitted new work to the site and it was actually posted.

(05-15-2015 04:00 PM)Jaser Wrote: I've figured we should update the site first before we start advertising around, at least so the front page doesn't still say 2011. Which is just a matter of contacting the old admin and seeing if he'd like to return or pass the torch to someone else. I'll try I guess. Edit: I just sent a message to his active FA account.

That's a fair point, it's just been kind of sad to see this place a ghost town.

Quote:I also don't want to look like we're just spamming the link around but there's nice ways of sharing it.

This is true, I would never advocate spamming. That tin can of pork product though, I'm totally behind frying up some of that.
And that's the problem. The site stopped so all that might be visitable is the forum.
In China there is a Post Bar and has many members active .
Nearly every minute there is a new post.
But most are water , similar to spamming
For me,there is alse something to want.
I've spoken with Lukos and it looks like we're moving forward with getting the site working again. I guess there'll be an announcement soon with more details. We'll have to contact the host and get access sorted out before we can update the front page and tidy up, and we'll see where we can go from there.

If we send a mass-email to all forum members I'm sure that'll get a lot of people checking back. Then one way to advertise could be to cross-post your submissions on other sites like FA while linking in the description to where it's submitted here. Another idea could be to pool our money and order some commissions with the DigiArtist's Domain named on the image, that could be fun and effective at reaching anyone watching for new artwork on the major sites.
Well, if we get the front page working again maybe we can advertise. But if we do comissions I have ideas.
Advertising is a big problem.... have to stop
Can you elaborate what you mean? We're not actually advertising right now, just brainstorming. Can't advertise a website with no updates or staff...

I'm trying to get in contact with the host to see if there's something we can do here but haven't gotten a reply yet.