Join our server on Discord

Poll: Reboot the Digiartist Domain?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
92.31%
12 92.31%
No
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

FACE IT, THIS PLACE IS DEAD.
Would the paheal layout have any kind of restrictions that would limit only the artist or moderators to be able to put up the work? If we just let any anonymous jackoff put crap up without consent from the original author/artist, it would be a gigantic clusterfuck the likes of which we hadn't seen since the Great Renamon Artvasion back in the early 00's.
The Infamous Boss Reo

~~~~~~~
(01-25-2014 04:36 PM)The Infamous Boss Reo Wrote: Would the paheal layout have any kind of restrictions that would limit only the artist or moderators to be able to put up the work? If we just let any anonymous jackoff put crap up without consent from the original author/artist, it would be a gigantic clusterfuck the likes of which we hadn't seen since the Great Renamon Artvasion back in the early 00's.

I remember that. Possible one reason why the board went down a little. That and people just moved on.

But if we make it like Paheal, can we make it so people don't upload so much gorn or really gross fetish art and get a filter that blocks out something you may not want to see. Like me, I'd rather not see so many dongs. Like yaoi.

But those are just my problem with that site.
I didn't realize at the time of my other post that the AGNPH was now on a Rule34-style gallery system, since at least last July. Something called Ouroboros 1.7. From their forums, it looks like the site is run and maintained by whoever the Ouroboros people are, and AGNPH only has limited control over things. That could be good for us to have an external group running things, since I'm assuming we're not a very website-savvy crew.

On the other hand, it looks like they've abandoned the individual artist galleries, and are now a Rule34-style, upload-anything-and-everything-you-find, free-for-all. That's not what I'm hoping for here. I'd prefer the focus to remain on the artists. This isn't the "Digiart" Domain. =)

Yeah, that was exactly what my main worry was for that kind of particular layout. I'd really like for us to be able to keep it to an individual-gallery kind of setup. Thankfully, most art and documents dont take up that much webspace for storage. Perhaps if it comes to it, we'll just have to go with how we've been doing it here on the site, and in the meantime keep looking for an easier alternative. In that case, all we need to do is find a host that'll take us. Who exactly is the webhost for the current site, anyway?
The Infamous Boss Reo

Hard to judge. Pages producing "possible hoster" based on IP checking differ completely. Some say California, some say an european hoster (oO). So... I guess that's a hard-line until pata or another technican can provide clearance.
Whoa! So the past 2 weeks I've been getting error messages from DirectInc saying this domain had expired and just now, February 19th, 2014 local time here, 6:41 P.M. the site is suddenly back!? What happened in those two weeks? Does anyone know? And are we any closer to reviving the DaD?
I assume it was just that, someone took a little longer to pay the bill and the domain expired. I guess someone finally go onto that. As for a revival, I don't think we're any closer than we were, unfortunately.
Well, that certainly explains that. I thought the site crashed again.
I was kind of holding out hope the expired domain messages were due to an overhaul of the site. Granted my fanbase on aff.org is still going strong; hell my END: FC has over 4,000 hits. But this is where I first discovered digimon lemons having fallen head over heels with the community before eventually becoming a writer myself. Oh how I miss the good old times...