Join our server on Discord

Poll: Reboot the Digiartist Domain?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
92.31%
12 92.31%
No
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

FACE IT, THIS PLACE IS DEAD.
The more resources we can get from more people willing to help out the better. This is a complete website rehaul we're talking about here. And not just some kind of reboot of a fansite, this is the entire database of all the fics and artwork we've amassed from over the years. Aside from the AGNPH website, we should check back here with other possible site leads. I've seen a few other places online still going strong, like Yaoihaven, so let's see what we can find.
The Infamous Boss Reo

I don't know many other places. At least I'd have to think.
Lets see, places I can list off the top of my head that are huge repositories for art and fiction.

Deviant Art
Fur Affinity
Weasyl
AGNPH
InkBunny
Hentai Foundy

The biggest problem I can think of with running sites like these is scalability, keeping things running smoothly throw growth on the site. This is one of the things Fur Affinity seems to be failing at. This is just a novice opinion though, so take from it what you will.
The artist formally known as Aeroraptor. <3
While my resources are irrelevant for the mass we need here, I have some fond memories of this place. I'd like to help revive it, even if it's a small part. Good times.

EDIT: Even registered to reply here ;) Just for this.
(01-22-2014 03:23 AM)Aeroraptor 2.0 Wrote: Lets see, places I can list off the top of my head that are huge repositories for art and fiction.

Deviant Art
Fur Affinity
Weasyl
AGNPH
InkBunny
Hentai Foundy

The biggest problem I can think of with running sites like these is scalability, keeping things running smoothly throw growth on the site. This is one of the things Fur Affinity seems to be failing at. This is just a novice opinion though, so take from it what you will.
Those are what came to mind. And I heard FA has issues. But what furry sites doesn't?
Good sites and all, but maintaining a setup like they have would cost a SHITLOAD of money. I think we'd be better starting small and just having an archive-based system for the time being. Not entirely sure how we could set up a user-submitted system for new uploads...
The Infamous Boss Reo

Yes, that's another thing about those sites. The monetary investment to run something as large as most of those sites can be staggering, I believe most (if not all of them) have a donation system of some type.

By no means did I mean that we should start big like that, I just don't have any smaller scaled examples. I do however have an SO who who I can pick the brain of, I'll ask her if she has any ideas on a small/reasonable solution.
Good idea. Do that please.
I guess before I can really discuss anything with my little woman, I should ask about how this site is currently operated. Funding, hardware, the level of experience any coders currently working on the site have, etc. If this is too much information, I understand. If you wish to keep it mostly private you can always PM me.

I did discuss briefly last night with her about hosting solutions for taking on larger loads. She suggested collocating either with purchasing our own hardware or renting it. I'm not sure how feasible that is here though.
~~~~~~~