Join our server on Discord

Oh man, what has happened here?
The host data as in the FTP server (where you upload the files and such) I have access, but I don't know what do you mean with host data o.o

About leaving out the events of 02 or not, remember that it is Toei we're talking about. If they could do an out of canon movie which was the Willis movie, then who is to say that they can't do the same in the case of this new series leaving 02 out of it?
[Image: patagatokiss2.jpg]
PataGato All The Way!!!

Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Forgive me, I was referring to who hosts the site or pays for it and whatnot. So if we can in fact do updates, like upload new profiles, lemons, etc, then the real question that remains is, what are we waiting for? Why don't we get started immediately? I'd be eager to try the server out.

In regards to the show I guess we'll have to wait, I completely agree. We all have a difference in opinion so whatever happens, happens. I still question why we have to wait until 2015 until the Fusion season 2 arc dub gets released. Then there's the issue of dubbing the new adventure 03, as its been nicknamed, assuming the dub teams come through like they've always have. Not to mention how much of the original they'll censor or throw in Western-style jokes.

I also thought in both the original and dubs, starting in 1999, Tai/Taichi was 11 in Season 1. In the original, season 2 was in 2002, so three years passed making Taichi 14 while in the dub for whatever reason the gap was four years making Tai 15. Assuming the 03 marks another three years passing, than Taichi I believe will be 17. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I read these assumptions on many other websites.

Back to the site, I don't seem to see anybody raising their hands to do updates besides me and I feel I've built up a mostly good reputation here, still here in fact after all the years that have passed as well as an active writer. LP, only if you want to of course, can you get back to me on the FTP stuff?
I have no idea what to do with websites. But I think most would just like the ending of 02 to get retconned.
Alright, so. LP, you might be the only one that still has FTP credentials! Lukos (Wolfey) says here he's lost them and Chaotic Pheonix (Chaos Knight Mathew) sounds like he has too on the first page of this thread. I don't know who else might have them. Senjuro?

We want to revive this site. Let's figure out who's who.
  • Lukos: In charge since 2005. Last login was April. He didn't seem to think the site was worth reviving in the post I just linked.
  • Senjuro: Treasurer. Last login was Spring 2013. He was routinely asking for donations to keep the site up, but hasn't for a while. Is he still funding it? What about the other funding team members listed on the contact page?
  • LordPatamon: Manages the forum. Thanks for keeping it up.
  • Keiko: This guy appears to own the server DaD is on, along with some other furry sites I recognize. Maybe he's footing the bills for the time being.
  • Togashi: Founder. Hasn't been in charge for 10+ years. Last login summer 2013.
Who is in contact with who? I've found active profiles online for each of them if we need to message anyone. We should know who owns the domain, too, as it currently isn't set to an actual name as it should be, but it was renewed this year. On another note, who has access to the email digiartistsdomain@live.com, or any other official emails?

Now, what do any of the staff want to do? Would Lukos pass his position to someone else, or would he come back and run the place if we revive it? Who on the staff can continue funding the server if traffic increases?
I've only just started posting, but I'm letting you know I'd be willing to manage this site consistently and put the effort into making it active. While of course you shouldn't trust someone you just met, maybe you can consider my opinion and recommendations.

I'm more than proficient in web development to code anything the DaD might need, though my PHP is a little rusty since I moved on to another backend language. It isn't just languages I'm familiar with, I'm well studied in best security and user experience practices. My professional work has mainly been coding designer's mockups into sites for small businesses and that sort of thing. I try to take on larger open source projects in my spare time.

Here's what I suggest we do with the site. We are the Digiartists Domain, and we should focus on artists (including writers). Artists should be able to make their own profile and upload their Digimon related work. I'm not looking for a Booru-type site where we could upload any Digimon content mainly because that's harder to maintain and host. As a bit of a compromise however, we could have a section dedicated to other authors not present where we discuss and link to their work as hosted elsewhere on the net, even in other languages. The front page can have the latest activity from both these local and remote artists' uploads and discussions. That'll give an active community feel, while being a good window into the adult Digimon community as a whole.

The forums could use some change too. While I like keeping the history here, the number of boards makes scrolling the index page confusing, and looks extremely barren when there isn't an abundance of activity. I don't suggest we remove any boards, but we can move them into subforums so they are still accessible but not causing clutter. As activity grows we can move each back as needed. Also, I have ideas for a new theme involving displaying the boards in a more user-friendly way using visual hierarchy instead of a plain list. I feel any new theme should keep a similar color scheme, as this one seems pretty recognizable to anyone who's been here over the last 10 years.

And don't anyone say the community is dead. New art is being posted all the time on FA, e621, pixiv, etc. We can make an entirely artist-centric place that brings in discussion from all these places, and in turn inspires even more Digimon art and writing. Activity will follow to every part of the forums.

Whelp, this post turned out longer and more serious-sounding than I planned. Just so many thoughts I had to get down, you know?
been along time since the site was last updated and id like to see the site breathed back to life and would like to help out with that someway or another and the fanbase for digimon is far from dead and i dont think that the original story writers and artists would mind everything being refreshed and im betting the email account used for submissions is going to have a few there , has anybody got any contact with the admin in charge of anything so we might get something rolling in the right direction?

also got to say that traffic might not be so hard to get if we can get the site back to glory and get some new art and fiction in plenty of people and or groups on sites like so furry that might be willing to lend a drawing or some writing the help out.
artists and lemon writers like you guys and gals here at DaD are gods keep up the good work
I could start driving traffic here via posting imgur albums to relevant places and starting discussion, but I think at the very least the front page should be cleaned up. Give it a quick update of the state of things and a reminder to check the forums for the conversation. It would also be important to know if the host can handle any potential surges in traffic, or if we need to negotiate anything with him. We could need active forum staff, also.

What I have in mind for sharing imgur albums are spotlighting artists one at a time, linking those albums from places like /r/rule34 on reddit, and providing links to the artist's homepage/profiles and to any way to purchase their work that supports them. Artists new and old, english and foreign. In the album descriptions and comment sections I can link to a discussion thread here on these forums.

LP, it would be cool if you could get on AIM and IM me if you get a chance to. Or is there another messenger you use or IRC or something? I can take the initiative to try and contact the old staff if you agree I should.
a quick update on the state of things would be good especially if we can grab the attention of passers through and get a bit of support i hope you can get intouch with the old staff i dont want to see the domain vanish not after all this time
artists and lemon writers like you guys and gals here at DaD are gods keep up the good work
Thanks you two for trying to get this thing back up.
I really don't care who does the updates. I was just willing because there didn't seem to be many others interested. Now, I just hope whenever and whomever is tasked with the um, task remains committed to the job and is able to do it on a regular basis.